Full Time Portfolio Servicer, Support Staff - Watsonville
We are a fast paced private equity lender and asset manager located in Watsonville looking to add a full time member to our team.
Loan Servicing is the documentation, tracking, reporting and follow-up process for the Lending and Funding functions.
The Portfolio Servicer provides direct support to the following functions:
- Portfolio Operations
- Loan Processing and Underwriting
- Loan Funding and Investor Relations
Duties will include some or all of the following:
- Word processing
- Scanning and document management
- Data and file organization
- Assist management with research and special projects
- Answer and directing phone traffic
- Insurance expiration tracking
- General banking responsibilities
- Receivable postings
- Performs continued Delinquency Control
- Prepares annual reviews of existing loans to access covenant compliance
- Review residential loan files to ensure the completeness of the file, and that all collateral has been properly secured
- Call on past due loans as assigned by senior management within the loan portfolio, within the servicing guidelines established
- Send correspondence to customers about their past due loans as warranted according to procedure
- Maintains credit files in good working order; ensures files are complete with all up to date information
- Processes lending related payments, disbursements and payoffs
- Responds to payoff requests and prepares payoff documentation and mortgage releases
- New loan data entry
- Processes property tax bills including receipt and disbursements
- Monitors NSF checks and exceptions reports
- Balances daily work and filing correspondence
- Researches and responds to requests for information
- Performs a variety of daily or monthly duties to include reconciliation of various accounts, handling of participation loan payments and disbursements and insurance tracking
- Assists investor reporting and remittance duties
- Performs additional duties as requested.
The perfect candidate will have the following qualities:
- Great organizational and communication skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A professional and mature presence
- A self starter with go with the flow capabilities
- Experience in one of the following areas is a plus:
- Mortgage lending
- Real Estate
- Consumer lending
- Software experience with the following is required:
Candidates with backgrounds in real estate, finance or accounting are highly encouraged to apply. This role will include everything from administrative office basics to high impact projects. A team player who can get in and get the job done is needed.
The job requires 40 hours per week with flexibility in schedule ranging from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm, M-F.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT EXTREMELY ORGANIZED!
Compensation: Depends on experience. FSA and 401K benefits are available.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in exploring this opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume, a short description of how you stay organized and any additional credentials or materials you feel helpful to the email address above. References may be requested and verified.