Company Website: http://www.driscolls.com
TITLE: Portfolio Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: Watsonville, CA
PAY STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY: This position will lead the process to develop and operate the annual operating expense and capital budgets for the IT department and Project Management Office (PMO) project portfolio. This position will provide financial support, analysis and coordination for all business planning initiatives for the PMO project portfolio, including overseeing the preparation of monthly actual and quarterly forecast reports for expense and capital spending and ensuring proper and timely month-end close for IT business projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, IT or related field is required
- 3 – 5 Years of progressively challenging experience performing financial and portfolio analysis and project/program coordination experience within the IT discipline
- Strong background with generating, analyzing and reporting PMO/financial documents
- Previous experience with PPM and Agile concepts and tools is required (such as MS Enterprise Project Server 2010/2013/Online, Rally or similar)
- Expertise using Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency with MS Project, Vision and Word
- PMP/Agile knowledge and experience/certification is desired
- Strong, self-guided leader with effective time management, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) are required, including the ability to tailor communication to audience and influence peers.
- Commitment to efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity and successfully adapt accordingly
- Commitment to working onsite at the Watsonville, CA location from 8 am to 5 pm, with 10-20% flexibility on timing including flexibility to work-from-home
- Minimal travel, domestic and international, may be required for this position
- Provide analysis for all PMO projects, including the capitalization of internal and external labor in accordance with accounting’s capitalization policy
- Refine the processes and tools to monitor PMO projects and facilitate the prioritization for project spending. Participate in the development of business case and ROI analysis for all major PMO project requests.
- Provide design input from a business requirements standpoint to drive the creation of a financial planning process and system to manage the PMO project portfolio.
- Report and analyze Earned Value Management metrics and variances for project budgets and schedules
- Partner with the Program Management Office to implement analysis and reporting for the project portfolio and provide the relevant financials to the Change Control Board on a monthly basis
- Establish and maintain an effective partnership with the Program Management Office, Program and Project Managers and IT Functional leads as well as the Corporate Accounting, Treasury and FP&A teams
- Assist IT management in developing and maintaining a “big picture” perspective of financial forecasts, budgets and plans through analysis and insights
- Assess on-going risks and opportunities and proactively develop action plans to minimize exposure and enhance opportunities for portfolio and expense re-allocations.
- Support ad hoc management reporting, as needed
- Responsible for IT budget preparation, financial reporting, capital planning and recording/accounting for the capitalization and retirement of project related fixed assets, monthly forecasting, project accounting (deferred costs as well as operating expenses).
- Responsible for management of software and hardware contracts, ensuring the approval, requisitions, recording and renewal process
- Direct the activity of others in the appropriate recording of IT transactions
- Ensure the proper accounting treatment of project costs by monitoring expenditures for appropriate classification (capital vs. expense), determining the asset's useful life and when amortization should commence, calculating annual amortization expense and evaluating the asset for potential impairment or write-down in value.
- Provide project management and financial demand planning and guidance for effective prioritization and cost/benefit analysis on all IT initiatives
- Provide accurate recording and reporting of monthly IT expenses and capital projects as well as asset tracking and management
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.