We are looking for someone to join our growing, progressive team as a Specialist!
Employment and Independent Living Specialist!
Hours dependent on client need and may include some evenings and weekends. Flexible hours as required by client, staff and program. We have 2 part-time positions with the potential to expand to full-time for the right candidates.
Community Life Services is an organization serving adults with disabilities. We support people to develop strong life skills through community living, employment discovery, employment experience, and customized employment planning.
The primary focus of the Specialist is to:
1. Provide support for people with disabilities to have success establishing specific life skills and employment goals.
2. Assess strengths, capabilities, and skills and provide individualized instruction.
3. Develop individual volunteer and paid work opportunities based on client preference with local area businesses.
4. Provide technical and functional accommodation consultation to employers and client.
5. Provide community training and ongoing support.
6. Excellent customer service.
7. Documentation of support provided.
Qualifications / Education:
The successful Specialist is reliable, energetic, professional, flexible, and capable of working both independently and as part of a team, and is a positive role model for all people at Community Life Services.
* Satisfactory oral and written communication, math, and computer skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* College degree and three years experience working with people with disabilities is preferred.
* Job development experience or training preferred
* The ability to maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
* This position requires a California drivers license, a good driving record, and a registered and insured vehicle.
* Clearance through the Department of Justice, or a criminal background check.
For information regarding this position, please submit your resume/work experience by using the APPLY HERE! link provided below.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.