Encompass Community Services has been serving Santa Cruz County since 1973, providing a broad spectrum of evidence-based, outcome-driven social services that support the mental, educational and social well-being of 7,000 children, individuals and families annually. As the largest community-based, nonprofit human services provider in Santa Cruz County ($27M annual budget), we deliver quality, culturally competent, cost-effective services through our continuum of programs.
Whether you are a seasoned professional looking for part time work, or just starting your career in counseling and social work, we have an on-call Counselor job for you! Encompass will train you to provide a host of services at our residential mental health and substance use disorder treatment programs.
The on-call Counselor is available to work as needed to cover counseling shifts that include insuring the safety and well-being of the residents and the facility and supports the program operations. Some of the assignments require bilingual English & Spanish ability.
We are looking for individuals who have direct experience working with people who struggle with substance use disorders, as well as individuals with a passion to serve this population. We are looking for On-Call Counselors with the skill and ability to work with clients who have multiple complex health needs and who are able to manage multiple tasks. On-Call Counselors have the flexibility to work at both sites: Santa Cruz Residential is a 30-bed, residential treatment program providing comprehensive recovery services to men and women with substance use and co-occurring disorders. Si Se Puede is a 23-bed, residential treatment program providing comprehensive recovery service to men with substance use and co-occurring disorders. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be available on-call as needed.
• Insure adequate security for program residents and property during specific shift hours.
• Responsible for managing client behavioral and/or medical issues and facility or natural emergencies while on duty.
• May provide therapeutic crisis management.
• May provide therapeutic intervention services based on best practices & selected evidence based practices for mental health or substance use disorders and/or co-occurring disorders.
• Services may include administrative functions in support of clients and their families, evaluation, assessment, counseling, and/or assisting in the implementation of appropriate treatment plan and/or the facilitation of individual, group, family, and crisis counseling.
• File maintenance, dispense of medications, incident reporting, shift change reporting, household duties as required. • General security checks, headcounts. • Comply with regulatory requirements.
• Respond to emails in a timely manner.
• Communicate effectively and ability to use current technology in the following areas: case notes, incident reports, correspondence with community service providers.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (not required)
• High school diploma or GED, some college preferred
• 1+ year of related or lived experience
• Ability to work independently, manage time well
• Valid driver’s license/DMV background clearance
• Registered/Certified Addiction Specialist required (Completed in pre-hire process)
• Electronic Health Record (EHR) Competency (Training Available with on-boarding)
• Computer literacy
If you require assistance applying on-line, we have computer terminals available at our 380 Encinal Street, Suite 200 office in Santa Cruz, Tel: 831-469-1700, and at our 225 Westridge Drive location in Watsonville, Tel: 831-724-3885. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Please apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=47bfbe97-224c-4f13-a495-e943969553a0&jobId=265501&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.