AGENCY: The Coalition of Homeless Services Providers (Coalition) is a private non-profit organization formed in 1994. The agency’s mission is to eliminate and prevent homelessness in Monterey and San Benito Counties by promoting interagency coordination to develop, sustain, and enhance a comprehensive system of housing and support services designed to maximize the self-sufficiency of individuals and families. The Coalition comprises eleven voting Member Agencies (the Board of Directors) as well as eleven non-voting Associate Members and seven non-voting Community Advisors.
NOTE: This position is grant dependent. Employment will conclude on 6/30/2021.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Salary Commensurate with Experience per Board Approved Salary Schedule; Medical & Dental Insurance; Paid Vacation & Sick Leave; 403(b) Retirement Plan
HOURS: Non-Exempt Status; Full-time; may include some nights and weekends
REPORTS TO: Executive Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Prepare contracts to include scopes of work for subcontracted agencies and programs. Prepare budget and/or contract amendments as needed
-Actively manage subcontracted agency and program contracts.
-Analyze and review program and fiscal reports from subcontracted and participating agencies and programs
-Conduct on-site monitoring of subcontractors and participating agencies/programs to ensure program and fiscal compliance
-Complete monthly, quarterly and annual fiscal and program reports
-Maintain documentation of program implementation to include outcome measurement and operational effectiveness
-Provide technical assistance to subcontractors and participating agencies/programs to improve outcomes and operational effectiveness
-Work closely with a network of local non-profit organizations, local government, business and community stakeholders to forward the goals and objectives of the local 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness
-Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of long range and short term strategic plans, goals and objectives.
-Participate in targeted 10 Year Plan committees and action groups as needed
-Ensure all relevant information pertaining to any program mandates or changes is disseminated to staff, board members, subcontractors and participating agencies/programs.
- Perform outreach and engagement activities including but not limited to speaking engagements
-Research in the area of housing/homeless policy
-Special research and/or analysis projects as needed.
-Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher and minimum of two years in related position.
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications to include excellent abilities in Excel
• Previous experience in managing government funds, government reporting and/or the administration of contracts or grants
• Demonstrated ability to prepare, negotiate and execute contracts with subcontractors and participating agencies and programs
• Previous experience in using data to research, compose and prepare comprehensive reports.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Experience working and collaborating with community-based organizations, government and local stakeholders.
• Excellent attention to detail
Personal Skills & Qualities:
• High self-motivation and self-initiative.
• Excellent English written/verbal communication skills.
• Critical thinking and high attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with outside professionals
• High degree of professionalism, integrity, with ability to learn quickly.
• Dynamic; excellent interpersonal skills
• Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks effectively; ability to adapt and be flexible
• Physical/sensory ability to: drive an automobile; see well enough to read data/text in publications, on a computer screen, etc.; hear normal conversations and answer telephone; verbal, finger and body coordination sufficient to fulfill requirements of the position; stand/sit for extended periods of time, ability to lift 25 pounds.
• 18 years of age or older.
• Valid California driver’s license with good driving record and minimum of two years of non-provisional driving experience.
• Automobile in safe operating condition with liability insurance minimum that meets minimum CA State requirements.
• Proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986.
Position is open till filled. Email cover letter and resume to CHSP-Compliance Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Coalition of Homeless Services Providers is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). PLEASE, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.