Machine Operator 1 Swing Shift 2pm-10:30
19 Janis Way Scotts Valley
Summary of Job Duties:
As Machine Operator Level 1, employee will be working in various areas in the manufacturing process including: Granulation, Compression, Coating and Encapsulation areas while adhering to all food safety and food quality guidelines. Learn to operate and monitor equipment such as milling machines, tablet presses and all other equipment use in the manufacturing process. Visually inspect production run, document results following company guidelines and replenish materials as needed. Determine and report malfunctions to appropriate parties. Maintain cleanliness of equipment in assigned area per company guidelines. Also assist Machine Operator Level 2 in tablet & capsule formation when required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Assist with plant sanitation including sweeping, mopping, wiping walls and surfaces, and washing, emptying waste containers throughout the shift and per assigned area. Maintain good housekeeping with sanitation as a constant and critical issue. Cleans all equipment using current sanitation practices.
- Meet all safety expectations including wearing the required personnel protective equipment and follow all safety practices and guidelines.
- Able to work outside normal scheduled hours and OT to perform required maintenance.
- Work in a team environment and flow to the work and assist others. Cross-training will occur throughout the facility in all aspects of high speed manufacturing.
- Mixing, grinding, tableting, encapsulating and coat herbal and dietary supplemental products utilizing:
- Fitzpatrick Roller Compactor
- Coating pan
- Tablet/encapsulation machines
- Check weights of each raw product to be blended, prepare ingredients accurately as specified by recipe.
- Performs process control and quality checks. Continuously monitor product for appearance, hardness, weight and density.
- Ensuring Documentation in relation to Processor Operation are fully completed, signed and in compliance with Company Standard and Regulatory Requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with Companies Policies, Procedures, GMP’s, Code of Safe Practices and SOP’s at all times.
- Maximize Blending and Processing Uptime while ensuring consistent plant operation performance to quality, productivity, cost and safety requirements.
- Ensure equipment is running to efficiency standards while producing a high quality product in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective, and efficient manner that meets company food safety and quality standards.
- Report to the Technician and/or Supervisor immediately of any possible mis-blended material or mis-weighed product done on the shift or on previous shifts
- Identified batch containers accurately and weigh as required.
- Communicate and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company's "I Can Make a Difference" philosophies.
- Takes direction from the Machine Operator Level 2 and Team Lead.
- Supports Machine Operator Level 2 with responsibility for set up and changeovers
- Performs all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in day-to-day decision making
- Punctual and reliable in work attendance
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working Conditions: Loud environment with exposure to powder and heavy equipment in a manufacturing atmosphere
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read and write legibly in English
- Ability to work multiple shifts and/or schedules.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Decision making.
- Time management and organization.
- Ensure collaborative relationships inside and outside the department.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written documents.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policy focus.
- Willing to work occasional off shifts and weekends.
- "I Can Make a Difference" attitude.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.