Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is an industry leader in the manufacture and distribution of award-winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ nutritional supplements. Our vision is to be the solutions provider for our consumers’ desire to enjoy optimal health and well-being by providing fine quality dietary supplements and nutritional education. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA we also have locations in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, and Winchester, Virginia, employing over 600 team members.
Summary of Job Duties:
As Machine Operator Level 1, employee will be working in various areas in the manufacturing process including: Granulation, Compression, Coating and Encapsulation areas while adhering to all food safety and food quality guidelines. Learn to operate and monitor equipment such as milling machines, tablet presses and all other equipment use in the manufacturing process. Visually inspect production run, document results following company guidelines and replenish materials as needed. Determine and report malfunctions to appropriate parties. Maintain cleanliness of equipment in assigned area per company guidelines. Also assist Machine Operator Level 2 in tablet & capsule formation when required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Assist with plant sanitation including sweeping, mopping, wiping walls and surfaces, and washing, emptying waste containers throughout the shift and per assigned area. Maintain good housekeeping with sanitation as a constant and critical issue. Cleans all equipment using current sanitation practices.
- Meet all safety expectations including wearing the required personnel protective equipment and follow all safety practices and guidelines.
- Work in a team environment and flow to the work and assist others. Cross-training will occur throughout the facility in all aspects of high speed manufacturing.
- Mixing, grinding, tableting, encapsulating and coat herbal and dietary supplemental products utilizing:
- Fitzpatrick Roller Compactor
- Coating pan
- Tablet/encapsulation machines
- Check weights of each raw product to be blended, prepare ingredients accurately as specified by recipe.
- Perform process control and quality checks. Continuously monitor product for appearance, hardness, weight and density.
- Ensuring documentation in relation to Processor Operation are fully completed, signed and in compliance with Company Standard and Regulatory Requirements.
- Maximize Blending and Processing Uptime while ensuring consistent plant operation performance to quality, productivity, cost and safety requirements.
- Identify batch containers accurately and weigh as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in day-to-day decision making.
- Punctual and reliable in work attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written documents.
These positions require steel-toed boots.
To APPLY, please visit our website at https://www.thresholdenterprises.com/employment, or you are welcome to visit us and complete an application at 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.