Excelligence Learning Corporation
20 Ryan Ranch
SUMMARY: Inventory/Demand Planners primary responsibility is to forecast and replenish over 1000 products from both foreign and domestic suppliers and to maintain adequate inventory levels at our distribution center to ensure fill rates of 99%.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Forecast and replenish inventory based on historical and seasonal demand for over 6,100 SKU’s in two warehouses.
- Enter and process purchase orders to both foreign and domestic suppliers.
- Maintain fill rates of over 99%.
- Optimize Turn Rate by creating appropriate replenishment cycles and preventing overstock situations.
- Review discontinued and/or slows moving items to create exit strategies with our Merchandising team.
- Gather new product information from our Merchandisers and purchase according to projections and in conjunction with the catalog drop date.
- Participate in vendor logistical meetings and provide demand data to help streamline supply chain
- Communicate lead-time and backorder issues with vendors to determine immediate solutions.
- Perform all item maintenance within the ERP system.
- Manage past due purchase orders and expedite late shipments
- Review daily/monthly inventory management reports to meet departmental and individual goal objectives
- Process wire transfers to foreign suppliers
- Monitor the importation of goods with our designated Freight Forwarder and Customs Broker
- Communicate all issues that have or may have an impact on department or company financials
- Research and resolve Accounting and Warehouse discrepancies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from government entities, employees, managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and possess excellent telephone communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited - a good sense of humor is desirable.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn specific software.
- Must be able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- AA/AS or BA/BS college degree preferred. High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of demand planning, purchasing, or inventory management experience
Excelligence Learning Corporation is a Equal Employment Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.