General Ledge Accountant
Hospice of Santa Cruz County
940 Disc Drive, Scotts Valley
To Apply: https://www.hospicesantacruz.org/join-our-team/
Responsible for the monthly general ledger close along with balance sheet and income statement preparation, analysis, and presentation. Utilize appropriate accounting control procedures, including compilation and analysis of financial information, to record general ledger entries, reconcile general ledger accounts, assist in preparation of annual budgets, and assist in the preparation of year-end audit reports and schedules.
- Responsible for general ledger month-end close (including scheduling, planning, and communicating timelines) and presentation of balance sheet, income statement, statistical reports and analysis
- Prepare timely month-end journal entries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals
- Posts cash receipts, including cash transfers
- Assist Accounts Payable with expense GL coding
- Oversee the bi-weekly payroll processing and handling of various payroll adjustments
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and expense account reconciliations, which includes researching and resolving reconciling items, as well as documenting and evaluating current procedures.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations in a timely manner
- Analyze and review budget and expenditure variances and related report preparation for department heads
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Consult with supervisor on accounting matters
- Maintain and reconciles fixed asset schedules
- Participant in the planning, coordinating, and preparation of for the fiscal year-end audit, retirement account audit, and tax returns
- Maintain the General Ledger chart of accounts
- Assist in the production of the annual budget
- Assist supervisor in evaluating accounting processes and company-wide internal controls, and make suggestions for improvement
- Manage software integration and upgrades relating to EMR (to the extent that Finance Department is involved)
- Perform other related job duties as assigned by supervisor
- Oversee the accounting and production of financial information for Friends of Hospice
- Provide backup for processing of bi-weekly hourly and salary payroll
- Provide backup for processing of weekly accounts payable check runs
- Other accounting duties as assigned
Ensure all HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations, Medicare Conditions of Participation, and all other regulatory/compliance requirements are understood and followed
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Two to three years related work experience.
- Preferred: Public accounting audit experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting, finance, and budgeting
- Familiarity with and an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to an accounting function
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and department heads
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems and business applications such as Word and Outlook
- Attention to detail and ability to review and verify accuracy of data
- Understanding of not-for-profit net asset accounting, including accounting for donor restrictions
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.