Do you want to join a dynamic team in helping change lives through the power of work? Goodwill Central Coast has an exciting position that demands a creative, intelligent, and passionate worker who wants great things to happen for people.
The Employment Specialist provides one-on-one coaching to help people access training, obtain credentials, and advance their careers through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker program. This position helps people reach their own goals and pursue economic opportunity by equipping individuals with the skills to be successful in the labor market. The Employment Specialist will work with a dynamic team within Workforce Santa Cruz County (WFSCC), a partnership of local organizations that serve job seekers and businesses in the community.
Overall, the job is to find out what career participants want to pursue; help them access training to be successful; and help them obtain and retain employment in that career field.
• Conduct outreach and deliver orientations in the community to recruit eligible individuals into the program who seek employment and career advancement.
• Provide case management--conduct needs and skill assessments; collaborate with participants to develop and follow a career pathway and training plan; motivate participants to achieve career goals and navigate community resources to overcome employment barriers and achieve success.
• Help participants enroll and complete training based on their goals to obtain industry-recognized credentials in growth sectors.
• Assist participants obtain employment by helping them gain job search skills and tools (resume, interview skills), connect to local businesses, and obtain jobs within their desired fields.
• Provide job retention and follow up services to help participants be successful at work and maintain long-term employment.
• Maintain case records detailing services, activities and progress according to data-management procedures established by program management and the funding sources.
• Associate's degree in related field required, i.e. human services, education, social work, business.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) preferred in related field of study.
• Ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with participants. Demonstrate compassion, non-judgment and understanding for the challenges that low-income families face.
• Demonstrated knowledge of career pathways, self-sufficiency and economic mobility for low income adults and disadvantaged populations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and online database tracking systems.
• Ability to manage a large participant caseload in a fast-paced environment.
• Background in case management, career coaching, job development, or related position.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to be able to manage a wide variety of participants in sometimes challenging circumstances.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) strongly preferred.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Apply online at ccgoodwill.org/work/apply-for-job
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.