Department Manager - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Job #: 1908850
Full Time: Career
Starting Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UC Santa Cruz strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the general direction of the senior department managers, the incumbent provides executive administrative support and serves a support manager for the chair and faculty of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE). The incumbent also provides back-up administrative support for the Department of Applied Mathematics (AM) and the Department of Statistics (STAT), and for academic appointees to the Engineering School. The incumbent provides support, and is a primary point of contact for the faculty and chair; participates in long/short term curriculum planning; budget planning and implementation; financial oversight and reporting; procurement services; academic recruitment and personnel actions; staff recruitment and training; other general support. Provides administrative analysis on matters having operational and financial impact on the departments, using knowledge of university administrative organization, policies, procedures, and practices. Advises, orients, and trains new academic hires on university administrative organization and policies. Assists with training other office staff as determined by the needs of the unit.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department is the second largest within BSOE, with a faculty FTE count of 21, supporting 9% of UG enrollments and 21% of graduate enrollments.
This position requires passing a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check. Please note: Time required to complete this process may vary and can be lengthy.
• Demonstrated knowledge and substantial related administrative experience working with faculty in a university setting, including familiarity with academic departmental administration and academic support services.
• Demonstrated experience with complex problem solving and decision-making, and ability to assist with developing organizational structures.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and a record of effective interactions with a diverse community, including faculty, researchers, lecturers, administrative support personnel, undergraduate and/or graduate students.
• Demonstrated planning and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience in a computerized office environment, using tools such as word processing, website maintenance, spreadsheets, and databases.
Position is open until filled. Initial Review Date: 07-11-2019
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site mailto:@ https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.