Founded in 1973, Encompass Community Services (Encompass) has grown steadily with a mission to provide a broad spectrum of evidence-based and outcome-driven services supporting the behavioral health, early development, and social well-being of over 8,000 children, adults and families across the county each year. The largest nonprofit human services provider in Santa Cruz County, Encompass provides a continuum of accessible, person-centered and trauma informed care and services. We stand for dignity, equity and justice. With our partners, we are transforming our community into one in which every adult, youth, and child is healthy, thriving and able to reach his/her full potential.
Telos is a co-ed short term 10 bed residential program that serves as a diversion to psychiatric hospitalization for individuals in crisis and supports individuals stepping down from locked care. This structured residential program is unlocked with a home-like environment that provides a healing environment where residents receive the treatment, support and care they need to stabilize. Staff provide process groups, individual counseling, and assistance with independent living skills and connecting to the community. A nurse and County psychiatrist are available for medication monitoring and health management.
We currently have a full-time (40 hours/week) opening for a nurse (LVN or RN). Reporting to the Manager of Nursing and Health Services, the nurse is responsible for assisting in the monitoring of clients’ physical health and promoting whole-person care, supporting clients in managing their individual physical health challenges, and providing health education to clients. The nurse will work closely with an onsite psychiatrist and community providers to coordinate client care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs basic nursing services such as assessments and monitoring.
* Provides case management support such as, primary care physician (PCP) establishment and follow-up.
* Assists clients in improving and maintaining stability by providing medication support, education and monitoring.
* Ensures accurate implementation of physician and psychiatrist medication orders, as well as safe adherence to medication protocols.
* Follows physician orders, including placing and reading PPDs, monitoring and recording vital signs, and giving injections.
* Adheres to required infection control and aseptic techniques in the delivery of client care.
* Communicates with psychiatrist, PCPs, and any other healthcare providers to deliver integrated health care.
* Participates in weekly client rounds with multidisciplinary treatment team.
* Observes, records and reports signs, symptoms, and behaviors including the physiological and psychological status of clients.
* Notifies appropriate supervisory staff of changes in clients’ status; recognizes client care priorities and potential client care crises.
* Facilitates psycho-education groups.
* Meets documentation expectations.
* Keeps clear, accurate, and professional records in all client files, staff logs, and electronic health records.
* Successful completion of a nursing program.
* Unencumbered and unrestricted license to practice as a LVN or RN with the state of California.
* Current CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers certification.
* Must have a health examination including a screening for tuberculosis within 90 days prior to employment or within seven days after employment and at least annually thereafter.
* Competent in basic computer skills.
* Demonstrated skills in effective written and verbal communication.
* Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of diverse groups of people.
* Must be able to pass a criminal record clearance.
Wages & Benefits:
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive medical and dental insurance plan for full time employees, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holiday, sick time, and 17 days of paid vacation, pro-rated for positions less than 40 hours a week. Schedule is kept business hours Monday-Friday.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Encompass we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
If you require assistance applying on-line, we have computer terminals available at our 380 Encinal Street Suite 200 office in Santa Cruz, Tel: 831-469-1700, and at our 225 Westridge Drive location in Watsonville, Tel: 831-724-3885. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Please apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=47bfbe97-224c-4f13-a495-e943969553a0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=277363&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.