Threshold Enterprises is a well-known vitamin and nutritional supplements manufacturer, headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA. Our award winning brands include Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™. The company has grown significantly through exceptional relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 650 employees.
We currently have 2 Day Shift openings in our Quality Control Lab.
These "Lab Analyst I" positions are Entry Level, and great for new college grads in chemistry, biology, (or similar science degree).
These are Full-Time, long term positions working as a direct employee of Threshold Enterprises. Standard benefits package, (Vacation, holiday, insurance, 401k).
Pay range for these positions starts at $17.00/hr, with the potential to grow over time.
Very hands on. Must be able to work at our Scotts Valley site.
All new hires must also pass a background check and SS# / Name verification.
Summary of Job Duties:
Laboratory Analysts are required to evaluate, inspect and test raw materials, finished goods and other materials utilizing the laboratory analysis equipment and procedures. Implement new lab methods. Perform and assist with laboratory testing and interdepartmental Quality functions when necessary. Laboratory Analyst I is a trainee or entry level position.
Specific Job Duties Laboratory Analyst I:
Laboratory Analyst I is the entry level and trainee class. Work is of moderate difficulty and is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures, with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Perform/assist in various laboratory analyses of a wide range of raw materials, finished products, pilot and vendor samples. Participate in the QC lab’s proficiency testing program.
- Become trained to perform/assist with basic procedures on preliminary troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining analytical instrumentation. Participate in the calibration program for laboratory equipment.
- Participate in Out of Specification Investigations (OSIs).
- Assist with company initiative to comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). Participate as a fully engaged member of a high performance, self-directed work team to achieve department and company goals, participating in interdepartmental QC functions to include process improvements.
- Assist with other duties in Quality Control, including complaint investigations, pilot product evaluations, metric data collection and review, and compiling test results - including data entry, result reporting. Contribute to and maintain spreadsheets and databases, and other related duties.
- Write reports and memos, SOPs, and laboratory procedures relating to job duties, and facilitate / coordinate investigations or project assignments.
- Participate in the maintenance of supply needs list and order supplies as needed.
- Data Review.
- As a certified trainer, train peers on lab procedures.
- Perform all tasks assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required: Laboratory Analyst I:
1. Excellent written and verbal skills.
2. Strong attention to detail, experience based
3. Ability to lift 30+ pounds. equivalent experience
4. 20/20 vision or corrected vision.
5. Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or similar science.
Skills and/or Training Desired Laboratory Analyst I:
- Experience in QC or inspection, analytical laboratory experience using one or more of the following: HPLC, TLC, GC, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP/MS, FTIR, UV-Vis spectrophotometric, microbiological, and /or general analytical laboratory techniques.
- Experience in dietary supplement / GMP environment.
Apply directly on our website: https://www.thresholdenterprises.com/employment/
Follow-up with a phone call after completing your application.
Gregory Kott / HR Dept, (831) 461-6466