Go to our website to apply:
The Community Liaison (CL) is responsible for marketing, education and outreach to ensure timely access to Hospice, Palliative Care, and Transitional Care services and to increase community awareness of HSCC's services. The CL works collaboratively with the community liaison team, intake, admissions, and the clinical team to present Service Promises and reports regarding partner relationships as well as promoting optimal collaborative care with referring agencies and physicians. The CL represents the agency and presents educational offerings to partner agencies and the broader community. The CL demonstrates expertise and compassion for issues related to serving patients and families facing a life limiting illness, death or bereavement, including presenting Hospice, Palliative Care, and/or Transitions Services, completing registration documents / visits with patients and families, and communicating patient admission needs to clinical departments.
Specific Functional Responsibilities
- Identifies, profiles, and networks with assigned skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs), and physicians to maintain existing relationships and build new relationships; tracks and trends referral patterns.
- Identifies and creates account plans profiling key referral partners.
- Maintains existing relationships and builds new relationships as new referral partners are identified.
- Utilizes a scheduled call rotation and territory deployment processes to actively engage partners and assist them in identifying hospice eligible patients, resulting in increased hospice referrals.
- Determine frequency of calls to key referral partners and reports progress weekly.
- Consults with referral partners to assist them in determining hospice eligibility.
- Works with manager to set and reach specific goals for referrals from key facilities.
- Designs and employs ethical and effective strategies for meeting referral goals.
- Works collaboratively with IDG Team Leaders to present Service Promises and reports to ensure optimal care of patients and excellent service to referral sources.
- Presents HSCC's Service Promises and establishes the appropriate reporting scheduled to partners to ensure HSCC remains the hospice provider of choice
- Provides support and follow through with problem solving between facility and HSCC.
- Conducts routine systems review. Participates in the maintenance of systems and protocols between facility and HSCC.
- Schedules, assigns, evaluates, tracks and reports on community outreach presentations and events
- Presents HSCC community programs, POLST and advance care planning education to community groups
- Initiates and responds to opportunities to collaborate with community agencies to reach shared audiences
- Ensures representation of HSCC at relevant local events and conferences
- Works with volunteer speakers to coordinate community presentations
- Completes information and registration visits for Hospice or Transitions services, according to agency protocol. The CL may perform Hospice Information visits when requested.
- Arranges or provides educational in-services to facilities about hospice philosophy of care, hospice eligibility, and HSCC services
- Maintains up to date knowledge on SNF and RCFE regulations.
- Collects and reports data on service preferences of key facility staff.
- Maintains a database of key referral partners in each facility, including their communications and referral process preferences.
- Submits regular reports as needed to supervisor in a timely manner
- Performs other related job duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Understands and follows all HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations, Medicare Conditions of Participation, and all other regulatory/compliance requirements
- Ensures compliance with all job related State/Federal Laws
- Models compliance and educates staff as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in health care, education, or related field preferred
- Experience in customer service, training and relational marketing preferred
- RCFE &/or SNF experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Solid understanding of all regulatory and legal requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional tact and diplomacy
- Skilled at delivering presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships and maintain professional boundaries
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with an electronic medical record
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Applicable experience
- Pass required background checks
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
Work Environment/Environmental Condition
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer