Community Safety Officer
Business & Administrative Services
JOB #: 1908952
Full Time; Career
Starting Salary: $19.73/hourly
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Colleges, Housing, and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization of the Business and Administrative Services division at UC Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services and facilities, employee housing, capital planning, business and financial analysis, dining services, conference services, early education services, the Bay Tree Bookstore, and ID card services and business analysis for these areas. Through these units, educational and developmental programs and services are offered to all members of the campus community including students, faculty, staff, children, and external constituents.
CHES provides on-campus housing and dining services to approximately 9,500 undergraduates and graduate students in ten residential colleges and six multi-college affiliated residential communities which support single students and students with families.
Under the general supervision of the Community Safety Officer Supervisor, the Community Safety Officer is responsible for providing residential safety and security services for the Community Safety Program, which operates seven (7) nights a week, 365 nights a year from 7pm through 3am. In addition, the incumbent will serve as a liaison with Fire, Police and Dispatch; respond to student concerns; and provide documentation regarding all community interactions.
This position requires passing a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check. Please note: Time required to complete this process may vary and can be lengthy.
• Customer service experience sufficient to interact in a positive and professional manner with all levels of personnel within the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to connect with people in a respectful, supportive, yet authoritative manner with people from a variety of social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
• Excellent writing skills sufficient to draft clear and concise correspondence, reports, and procedures.
• Strong communication skills sufficient to listen, mediate, negotiate, and promote open dialog.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills sufficient to analyze problems in the field and develop and implement innovative and creative solutions which adhere to campus policies and procedures.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 08-06-2019
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.