Accounts Receivable Clerk Featured
Blazer Wilkinson, LP
The Accounts Receivable Clerk performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of the Accounts Receivables for a large produce company.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Provides a weekly update on receivables and distributes printouts of A/R to sales associates.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by investigating and obtaining information from sales associates.
- Resolve valid or unauthorized deductions by entering and adjusting entries with sales associate’s direction.
- Reviews all sales orders for accuracy of charges and transfers them to invoicing system. Adds appropriate charges and deductions to invoices.
- Sends out all invoices on a daily basis.
- Pick-up mail, sort mail and date stamp
- Files claims for short payments
- Obtains proof of deliveries
- Handles invoicing adjustments after sale to settle grower accounting
- Enters all new customer information into software system by following new customer procedures
- Assists with the answering of inbound calls
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents
- Assists with data input and other information as needed for approval of produce payables transactions before they are sent to accounts payable clerk for processing
- Provides a daily customer profit report to the sales team.
- Handles Accounts Payables that are related to outside product purchases.
- Responds to all vendor inquiries
- Purchase matches all outside product purchasing invoices
- Call on vendor for invoice payable when needed
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
High school diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel as well as the ability to quickly learn Famous Software (if not already known)
- 1-2 years accounting experience Required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Verbal communications, organization and data entry skills
- Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and application of basic percentages.
We offer a competitive Salary and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K.
May include an occasional weekend holiday or overtime
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.