At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to further our mission by contributing to your own human potential.
- This role is a key position in the Esalen Accounting department. As a full-time AP/Accounting Specialist you are fully responsible for all aspects of accounts payable processing and related accounting functions. This position works out of our Carmel Center office and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
What will this role do?
- High volume full-cycle accounts payable
- Matching, batching, coding and cutting checks
- Assisting with special projects and other aspects of the accounting department
- Reconciliation of receiving logs with the appropriate personnel on a weekly basis
- Analyze and maintain all vendor communication and correspondence including, but not limited to, reviewing and processing invoices and disbursements, preparing various reports, monitoring critical payment lists, verifying vendor statements, etc.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of Esalen Institute approval levels, expense reporting procedures, employee relocation disbursements, expense dictionary usage, and other policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain purchase order systems, which include review of logs for items received but not invoiced, notification of PO discrepancies, etc.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Esalen standards.
Qualifications + Requirements + Skills
- Our ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of experience in a full-cycle (matching, coding, check-issuing) A/P role.
- Proficiency with Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Able to multi task.
- Able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Willing to cross train in other accounting areas.
- Able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This role includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs, and scholarship for Esalen workshops and massage.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
TO APPLY USE THE LINK BELOW: