At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to further our mission by contributing to your own human potential.
- This part-time role encompasses many features of guest service. The Esalen Gate team provides 24-hour coverage of security shifts and emergency response. Gate Guardians provide a safe place for anyone on property to seek both physical and emotional shelter in time of crisis. Individuals often hold these positions with both the ability to be authoritative enforcers, as well as supportive peers within the community of Esalen.
What will this role do?
- Daily money management of cash flow in and out of the front gate
- Answering phones with guesting requests and official visitors
- Greeting and welcoming new arrivals during check-in
- Greeting staff guests and official guests
- Radio traffic monitoring
- Emergency response management
- CPR and first aid when required
- Property wide night patrols making sure all required doors are secure and locked
- Greeting and supervising night bather use from 1am-3am
- Daily meal counts
- Emotional support for those in shock or crisis
- Preventing trespassing on property by travelers on highway 1
- Parking management
- Conflict prevention and resolution
Qualifications + Requirements + Skills
- Previous experience working in a security position a plus
- Guest service experience
- Security experience
- Able to work with Microsoft word and office
- First aid and CPR trained
- Efficient task management
- Strong moral compass
- Strong boundary setting ability
- Ability to work through the night when required
- Ability to work well in emergency or high stress situations
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- While performing the duties of this job: the employee must be able to work in a physically demanding environment; ability to lift up to 30 pounds; maneuver on uneven ground; stand for long periods of time; sitting at a desk and working on computers and answering phones.
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
TO APPLY COPY AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW: