CARMEL, CA / BIG SUR, CA
ADMINISTRATION – HUMAN RESOURCES
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to further our mission by contributing to your own human potential.
- This role plays a key part of the Esalen Human Resources team. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position which reports to the Human Resources Director and is located in the Carmel office with weekly visits to main property.
What will this role do?
- Provide administrative support to the HR Department
- Post employment opportunities on job sites and assess results
- Scheduling interviews, panels, and on-site visits for job candidates
- Reconciling and logging monthly HR expenses
- Coordinating 30/60/90 check-in meetings for new hires
- Systems updates
- Set-up and maintain and file day-to-day HR records, including employment, worker’s compensation and medical
- Assist HR Team in monthly housing changes, including maintenance of staff and Extended Student lists
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions
- Process mail
- Data entry and daily maintenance of HRIS
- Maintain personnel forms and coordinate changes/updates with payroll staff
- Assist with accident investigation with respect to worker’s compensation claims
- Submit and report all new worker’s compensation cases to our WC carrier and provide all necessary follow-up documentation as needed
- Assist HR Coordinator in the administration of benefits and worker’s compensation
- Assist HR Generalist in administrative tasks, as needed
- Review and organize storage for accident and injury reports
- Ensure accident/illness reports are completed throughout Esalen in a timely fashion
- Process and updates employee change requests and paperwork
- File papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Assist with processing of terminations/exit interviews
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintains current documentation
- Participate in planning and implementing Staff Week
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures in a manner that is consistent with Esalen’s overall HR strategies
- Participate in Safety Committee with HR team
- Assist with special safety trainings that may be required and work with HR as to how to best deliver these trainings
- Provide excellent customer service to Esalen staff and the greater community
- Assists HR with various research projects and/or special projects
- Other various tasks as assigned
Qualifications + Requirements + Skills
- Exceptional computer skills and high level expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Google suite
- Familiarity with HR processes and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Common sense and empathy
- It is a plus to have spent time at Esalen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds and be able to perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs, and scholarship for Esalen workshops and massage.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
TO APPLY COPY AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW: