Please go to the City of Capitola's website at www.cityofcapitola.org for the recruitment notice and employment application.
The Capitola Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for the Afterschool Leader for Teen Club afterschool program hosted at New Brighton Middle School serving youth 5th to 8th grade. The Afterschool Leader is a Part-Time/Seasonal position from August through June, not to exceed 960 hours in a calendar year.
Under the supervision of the Afterschool Coordinator, the Afterschool Leader will act as an instructor and activity leader an afterschool recreation program at New Brighton Middle School, under the supervision of the Capitola Recreation Department administration. Instructors will help design, organize, implement and supervise a variety of activities for middle school youth, including but not limited to sports, arts, technology, performance and youth leadership.
• Any combination of education and/or background in recreational or educational programs for children
• Experience working in direct supervision and implementing activities for youth and teens
• Ability to enthusiastically plan and lead activities
• Ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents and other staff
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions
• Ability to perform effectively in situations requiring disciplinary or emergency action
• Ability to follow the program guidelines and perform to standard
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• All applicants must be fingerprinted
• Proof of negative tuberculosis test or clear chest X-ray must be presented within 14 days of hire - No exceptions.
• Current Basic First Aid and C.P.R. certification or ability to obtain
• Ability to be versatile, flexible, friendly, cooperative, and willing to learn new skills
• Training or experience in working with children with special needs
The program is held Monday through Thursday from 2:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Friday from 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. and runs from mid-August through mid-June. This position is expected to work about 20 hours per week.
Applications can be submitted to Nikki Bryant LeBlond at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Recreation Department at the City of Capitola, 4400 Jade St, Capitola CA 95010. Please include resume, application, supplemental questions and any copies of certifications. An application may be obtained by going to the City’s website at www.cityofcapitola.org/cityadministration/page/capitola-job-applications.
What experience do you have working with youth, designing and leading activities?
The afterschool program will offer activities in a recreation tradition and of interest to middle school age youth. What special skills do you have that would support program offerings?
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.