This job is a full time, in-house position with the NHS Skate Hard Goods department reporting to the Hardgoods Department Manager. Must live near or be willing to relocate to Santa Cruz, CA.
The Hardgoods Buyer supports the HDC (Hardgoods Development Center) department through the procurement of skateboards, skateboard components, accessories and safety gear. This position will work closely with the Purchasing Manager concerning seasonal buys, weekly burn rate reports, forecast and sales analyzation, as well as communicating with multiple departments and vendors. This position relies heavily on the consistency and conformity with department standards and timelines. Success in this role requires the ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
The job duties fall under the general areas below and may include other duties as assigned:
- Maintain and develop relationships with global vendor base to source skateboards, skateboard components, accessories and safety gear.
- Identify, gather and analyze internal and external intelligence such as market trends, supplier capabilities, specification data and customer requirements to optimize long-term purchasing decisions
- Manage weekly buy reports to monitor inventory levels and ensure on-hand stock targets
- Work with Sales and analyze sales history to monitor burn rate trends and key account order activity
- Assist Purchasing Manager with seasonal forecasts and help with raw material purchases
- Monitor and improve purchasing processes through order requests, responses to demand, RFQs and seasonal PO volumes
Required skills and qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years experience in supply chain management, procurement or equivalent education and experience combined
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work 40+ hours a week at our Santa Cruz, CA office
- Genuine interest/passion for the action sports industry
- Advanced Excel knowledge and strong knowledge of all other MS Office Suite products
- Knowledge and experience of using FTP or other file-sharing medium
- Ability to concentrate on detailed projects for extended periods of time
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with demanding due dates
- Proficient in verbal and written communication
- Must be a team player, flexible, and have strong organizational & follow up skills
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
- Must be willing to travel (domestic or overseas) up to one or two times a year
NHS, Inc. offers competitive salaries and a profit sharing bonus plan. We provide health insurance with a low employee contribution, a 401K plan and personal time off. Awesome employee discounts on NHS product as well as several perks and discounts with other action sports industry affiliates. Work for a great company that offers quality of life, flexibility, a good vibe, no politics and a relaxed environment.
Click the following link to apply; https://nhs-inc.com/jobs/82
No phone calls please.