At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to do your personal and collective work.
We stand for supporting you to realize your potential.
- This full-time position is shared between Office and Reservations duties, and reports to the Guest Services Manager. We are interested in someone that loves to work with people, to serve others, has a passion for understanding the detail and a drive to make it better. The Office is the main point of contact for our guests and staff. Our team is responsible for the end to end experiences of our guests, from the initial reservation, to check-in; orientation; answering questions; booking massages; processing payments; daily activities; and supporting our guest and staff needs.
What will this role do?
- Providing exceptional customer service, welcoming and supporting our guests and staff with kindness and respect, also manage guest complaints
- Support staff development and training, provide healthy and respectful feedback, and clear training programs for incoming team once proficient.
- Review reservation pages in the future, including waitlists, for possible changes, opportunities or potential issues
- Maintain room sheet with a focus on yield management, optimizing space, and placing guests in both ideal and requested accommodations.
- Organize all day-of check-in materials for visiting leaders and teachers, guests with scholarship, staff enrollment in workshops.
- Manage waitlists and cancelled workshops; cash handling procedures; cash out; opening & closing duties; various administrative tasks
- Ensure a strong working relationships with all departments, particularly with Programs, Lodging, IT, Facilities and Maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Retreat Guru to troubleshoot and communicate issues, supporting resolution
- Work closely with all team members to review our Guest Service processes to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and high quality guest service. Requires the ability to collaborate well with others, collect ideas, and formulate and recommend improvement plans.
Qualifications + Requirements + Skills
- At least 5 years Customer Service experience, with a passion for exceptional service
- Customer Reservations experience
- Exceptional phone manner
- Proven team player, maintaining healthy relationships with co-workers, other departments and Community members
- Strong communication skills, while seeking better ways
- Experience with reviewing business process, finding and recommending improvements that provide a quality Guest Service, and efficient and effective ways of operating
- Detailed oriented and highly organized
- Documentation writing and experience with training others
- Ability to make effective decisions and deal compassionately with difficult situations, being able to set healthy and assertive boundaries in kindness and with respect
- A strong desire to participate in our Esalen Community
- Strong computer skills
- Self motivated and responsible, with a willingness to learn a wide variety of job skills
- Be able to receive guidance and feedback, and be able to provide feedback with care and respect
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 35 pounds, and be able perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse, keyboard and answering the phone.
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This role includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs, and scholarship for Esalen workshops and massage.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
TO APPLY USE THE LINK BELOW: