At Encompass Community Services we provide our community with a wide range of services related to family & social well-being, early childhood education, behavioral health, housing and more. Every day through these services we work to make health, education and housing more equitable for all people in Santa Cruz County. For more than 40 years our work has touched generations by helping people have access to education, rebuild relationships, restore their health and regain dignity.
Whether you are a seasoned professional looking for part time work, or just starting your career in counseling and social work, we have an on-call Counselor job for you! Encompass will train you to provide a host of services at our residential mental health and substance use disorder treatment programs. We currently have openings for on-call Counselors in our facilities located throughout Santa Cruz County. The on-call Counselor is available to work as needed to cover counseling shifts that include insuring the safety and well-being of the residents and the facility and supports the program operations. Some of the assignments require bilingual English & Spanish ability. We are looking for individuals who have direct experience working with individuals who struggle with mental illness and people with a passion to serve this population. We are looking for on call counselors with the skill and ability to work with clients who have multiple complex health needs and who are able to manage multiple tasks.
TELOS is a 10-bed, short term residential crisis and hospital diversion program for individuals experiencing a psychiatric crisis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be available on-call as needed.
· Insure adequate security for program residents and property during specific shift hours.
· Responsible for dealing with client behavioral and/or medical issues and facility fire, or natural emergencies while on duty.
· May provide therapeutic crisis management.
· May provide therapeutic intervention services based on best practices & selected evidence based practices for mental health or substance use disorders and/or co-occurring disorders.
· Services may include administrative functions in support of clients and their families, evaluation, assessment, counseling, and/or assisting in the implementation of appropriate treatment plan and/or the facilitation of individual, group, family, and crisis counseling.
· File maintenance, dispense medication, incident reporting, shift change reporting, household duties as required.
· General security checks, headcounts.
· Comply with regulatory requirements.
· Must respond to emails. Must communicate effectively and be able to use current technology in the following areas: case notes, incident reports, correspondence with community service providers.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· High school diploma or GED, some college preferred
· 1+ year of related or lived experience
· Ability to work independently, manage time well
· Valid driver’s license and clean DMV required
· Registered/Certified Addiction Specialist required for Substance Use Disorder Programs in Agency
· Electronic Health Record (EHR) Competency
· Computer literacy
· Good oral and written communication skills
Wages & Benefits: Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive medical and dental insurance plan for full time employees, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holiday, sick time, and 17 days of paid vacation, pro-rated for positions less than 40 hours a week.
If you require assistance applying online, we have computer terminals available at our 380 Encinal Street Suite 200 office in Santa Cruz, Tel: 831-469-1700, and at our 225 Westridge Drive location in Watsonville, Tel: 831-724-3885. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Encompass Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. We are committed to excellence through diversity and strive to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all clients and employees.
If you require assistance applying on-line, we have computer terminals available at our 380 Encinal Street Suite 200 office in Santa Cruz, Tel: 831-469-1700, and at our 225 Westridge Drive location in Watsonville, Tel: 831-724-3885. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Please apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=47bfbe97-224c-4f13-a495-e943969553a0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=287951&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.