Admissions and Records Evaluator
Salary: See Position Description
Deadline: 3/13/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=179119
Are you interested in creating an amazing educational environment for students who are part of an equity driven community? Staff at Cabrillo College support quality programs and services to students that promote their diverse and evolving needs as they progress toward their individual educational goals. Come join us in our vision to improve the world, one student at a time!
This full-time, 12-months per year Admissions and Records Evaluator performs complex analytical work involving student records and transcripts.
The ideal candidate will share Cabrillo's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Cabrillo College serves approximately 11,400 students per term, of which 44% are LatinX, 5% multi-ethnic, 2.75% Asian, 1.25% African-American, 1% Filipino, 0.25% American Indian or Alaskan Native, and 0.18% Pacific Islander as of Fall 2019. In 2006, Cabrillo College was designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
As a classified staff member at Cabrillo College, you will join a vibrant community of professionals and educators working together to provide a positive educational environment where our students experience diverse academic and cultural perspectives.
Examples of Duties
• Receive and analyze transcripts from other institutions
• Review courses and units completed, verify level, contents, unit value and grading system
• Learn and interpret Admissions and Records policies, such as course repetition, incompletes, applications, residency and registration, and apply them in a variety of procedural situations
• Evaluate all college transcripts for officiality and proper accreditation
• Review coursework for academic equivalencies using various resources including paper and on-line college catalogs, course descriptions/syllabi, correspondence with the institutions involved, articulation agreements, Project ASSIST, and other appropriate reference materials
• Evaluate academic equivalencies and post credit earned at other institutions to Cabrillo College academic records
• Determine units to be transferred to college records from external examinations and military experience
• Assign approved college course substitutions and curricular exceptions, based on district policy
• Contact counseling and other faculty regarding specific equivalency questions or approvals
• Provide course status information to all admitted transfer students
• Provide students with information on units completed, transcript requests, grade point average and admissions and registration requirements and fees
• Provide information and assistance, in person, over the phone, and via the Internet to students, staff and the public related to college functions and District policies, requirements and procedures
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to students, staff, counselors, faculty and administrators in the interpretation and clarification of registration, graduation, academic and transfer policies, requirements and procedures
• Assist with registration procedures and related activities
• Perform related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
• Two (2) years of college coursework and two (2) years of work experience related to position's assignments.
Please note: One year of education may be substituted for one year of experience, and one year of experience may be substituted for one year of education.
Experience in college or university admissions and records, specifically transcript evaluation.
• General knowledge of college or university transcript procedures, grading systems, and course equivalencies
• Operation of computer equipment and various software programs including student information systems, word processing, database management, spreadsheet computer applications software, electronic mail and the Internet
• Techniques for dealing with people of diverse academic, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Recordkeeping principles and practices for both computer and paper systems
• Effective customer service techniques and etiquette
• Business mathematics including percentages and decimals
• Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
Skill in and ability to:
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures using sound judgment
• Keyboard with sufficient skill to enter data and produce reports
• Make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
• Operate standard office equipment including a computer
• Perform specialized clerical/technical duties related to Admissions and Records services
• Understand and follow oral and written directions
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
• Create and produce correspondence, reports and procedures documentation independently or with brief instructions
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing using tact, patience and courtesy
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
• Sitting and operating a computer to enter data for extended periods of time, as necessary
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends at on-and off-campus locations, as necessary
Cabrillo College is an equal opportunity employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.