Student Services Technology Specialist
Salary: See Position Description
Deadline: 3/13/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=179126
Are you interested in creating an amazing educational environment for students who are part of an equity driven community? Staff at Cabrillo College support quality programs and services to students that promote their diverse and evolving needs as they progress toward their individual educational goals. Come join us in our vision to improve the world, one student at a time!
This full-time, Student Services Technology Specialist position, provides responsible information technology support related to student services programs, which includes Financial Aid/Scholarships and Admissions and Records/Veterans Certification.
The ideal candidate will share Cabrillo's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Cabrillo College serves approximately 11,400 students per term, of which 44% are LatinX, 5% multi-ethnic, 2.75% Asian, 1.25% African-American, 1% Filipino, 0.25% American Indian or Alaskan Native, and 0.18% Pacific Islander as of Fall 2019. In 2006, Cabrillo College was designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
As a classified staff member at Cabrillo College, you will join a vibrant community of professionals and educators working together to provide a positive educational environment where our students experience diverse academic and cultural perspectives.
Examples of Duties
• Performs technical duties related to departmental computer systems including implementing, testing, and debugging program changes
• Streamlines and designs efficient and effective enrollment and registration processes and methods for maintaining and archiving permanent student records
• Serves as the department resource for the computerized systems to determine user needs and provide training and technical assistance
• Confers with Information Technology staff and other College offices to improve the computerized processing systems
• Provides information that requires the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, laws, rules, and regulations
• Compiles, researches, and prepares a variety of periodic and special reports relating to student services activities which will require the use of a computer and various software such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and website management
• Manages electronic data exchange processes required for receipt and transmission of data
• Assists Information Technology to develop and maintain a comprehensive system to control security and access to confidential student information
• Establishes and maintains files
• Reviews information, diagnoses and resolves problems, identifies alternatives, makes written recommendations, and implements changes to meet department needs
• Tests program-related upgrades, patches, and processes; documents process details
• Develops and maintains relevant skills through informational workshops, conferences, and meetings; gathers and disseminate information to staff
• Performs related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of two (2) years of college level coursework including training or coursework in computerized database systems and two (2) years of experience in computerized databases, preferably with student information systems.
Please note: Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis up to one year.
• Federal and state laws and College rules and regulations relating to student services programs
• Business data processing principles and software applications related to student services programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, document imaging, website management, and database software
• Recordkeeping requirements, rules and regulations related to student services programs
• Office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment
• Business mathematics
• Basic auditing principles
• Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community
• Use computerized hardware, software, and data management systems including testing and debugging program changes and determining packaging parameters
• Act as liaison between computer systems and users
• Coordinate multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines
• Prioritize work, coordinate several activities, and follow up as required
• Provide training and work instruction to others
• Interpret, explain and apply laws, rules, and procedures
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work both independently and as a member of a team
• Prepare clear and concise correspondence and reports, including end-user reports using various software such as word processing, spreadsheet, website management and database
• Use initiative and sound judgment within established procedural guidelines
• Maintain accurate records, files, and logs
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Make accurate arithmetic calculations
• Operate a keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to enter data into a computer database
• Experience with Colleague/Ellucian
Cabrillo College is an equal opportunity employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.