Customer Business Manager
Superior Foods International
Our Customer Business Manager (CBM) is the centralized commercial hub of our global business model for commercial activities. Regularly aids Executives and Sales staff to ensure overall customer satisfaction, success, and profitability of assigned customer accounts; coordinating with all departments to ensure our customer's business needs are met and exceeded. Primary responsibilities require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in matters of importance to the business operations of SFI and its customers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (35%):
- Manages the daily business, serving as the primary point of contact in fielding customer questions and advising solutions when issues arise.
- Successfully maintains customer relationships in developing new sales leads and re-contracting of existing business.
- Mastery of assigned accounts knowledge including: items, packaging, specs, customer delivery/pick up requirements, existing supply chain, and historical/potential impact with SFI.
- Accurate data entry including contracts, purchase orders, sales memos, product transfers, credits and debit memos
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of Weekly Customer Order Status Reports; analyzing changes to shipping schedule to determine potential impact on customer and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Compiles and distributes Certificate of Analysis (COA), packing list, FDA may proceed, and quality paperwork for each load to customer contact.
- Reviews and compiles shipping priorities with Supply Account Managers, working closely with their counterparts to ensure that highest priority loads are scheduled accordingly.
- Conducts weekly reviews of open orders to ensure orders are updated in the correct month.
- Conducts bi-monthly reviews of open master contracts and sales contracts to ensure accurate clean-up dates and balances.
- Maintains internal database of packaging files (artwork, stencils, etc), and customer specs, organizing and archiving in the appropriate folders on server.
SALES SUPPORT (55%):
- Creates ICA's/Formal Sales Quotations and works in conjunction with the Lane Lead on quoting new or existing business.
- Requests freight quotes and warehouse rates from Logistics and Inventory Control to ensure accurate rates are used when quoting customer business.
- Assists in the annual rebook of non-bid items, coordinating the final quotes and confirmation of business with Lane Lead and/or Sales Executive.
- Proactively drives Opportunity Meetings to review all details pertaining to new contracts or new opportunities, ensuring program details & requirements are reviewed by the appropriate cross-departmental team to facilitate the successful execution and implementation of the program. Main criteria for Opportunity Meetings include:
- Launching brand new item.
- Awarded Bid for large new or recurring business.
- Addressing a supply issue that may have an impact on customer inventory levels.
- Coordinates with Sales Lead to maintain updated Contract Repository in Public Server, ensuring all appropriate quotes, customer contracts/bookings, and formal pricing quotes are organized and able to be retrieved in an easy to access manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate vetting of items based on the following criteria: new item, new supply source, new packaging/pack size, following rejection of like item at same supply source.
- Tackles short/overpays and works in conjunction with Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable to ensure the accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Reviews AR Aging Report weekly and conducts a quarterly review of credit limits to ensure that levels are within parameters required to conduct business.
- Coordination and completion of customer approval and supplier setup documentation with QA/FS, Accounting, and Supply Management.
- Coordinating seasonal demand planning with Sales Leads on core SFI crops for all assigned customers.
- Review and creates quarterly inventory budgets for accounts with VMI (vendor managed inventory) or standard replenishment programs.
- Reviews and approves Selling Expenses, ensuring accurate coding of costs.
- Coordinates and sends samples to customers when needed.
COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY (10%):
- Qualifies in-bound leads that are from companies not currently being sold by Superior Foods. Depending on scope of project and/or customer, may act as sales lead under direction from SVP of Sales, Director of Commercial Operations, or Sales Executive.
- Manages Plant Ops and Unsold inventories in alignment with department and company goals.
- "Mines" for new bulk items and line extensions through customer research, market research, or from main customer contact.
- Creates sales presentations for annual or quarterly business reviews/customer visits, participating in the meetings directly to show depth of overall Superior Foods team supporting customer.
- Assists in the coordination of trade shows, customer conferences, and expos, as well as represent the company by attending when needed, to ensure events are conducted and executed in a highly organized, effective, and cost-conscious effort.
- Attends customer plant visits when needed, or when appropriate to fully develop and understand item seasonality and core production.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: This career-pathed position requires a self-directed, team-orientated, and collaborative professional who thrives in building commercial relationships, establishing trust with customers, and is skilled at project management.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with a focus in Agricultural Business helpful; plus three to five years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Team Expectations:
- Pro-active & self-driven
- Collaborative & constructive
- Accountable & disciplined
- Open-minded & open to change
- Considers the big picture
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- This job requires some travel to customer sites as needed (10%-20%).
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.