Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Career
Department Name: Ctr for Academic Technologies
Job Number: MB2020-PC2632
Status: Open Until FilledOpen Until Filled! Application Screening Begins on Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Priority Screening Date: 06/09/2020
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled! Application Screening Begins on Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (http://www.csumb.edu/) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of the Center for Academic Technologies (CAT), the Instructional Designer coordinates and facilitates efforts in support of the University for Distributed Learning policy by facilitating innovative course design via traditional, blended, and distributed formats, content development, assessment practices, feedback, and demonstration of student outcomes through the use of technology.
Working with faculty, staff and administrators, the incumbent supports the university community in the design and application of instructional technologies and pedagogies, develops and delivers professional development and training opportunities, and collaborates with other technology support staff members and campus service providers to create an innovative support infrastructure for distributed learning at CSUMB.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides technical consultation and support for faculty and academic units in the areas of instructional technology including but not limited to the learning management system, video conferencing and media management.
• Facilitates innovative course design in all modalities - traditional, blended, and online, including content development, assessment practices, feedback mechanisms, and demonstration of student outcomes through the use of technology and quality assurance frameworks.
• Creates and facilitates the creation of accessible instructional content in coordination with instructors and the Accessibility Specialist.
• In alignment with the University strategic and academic plan, assists the colleges and departments in developing academic technology requirements, skills development/support resources for students, faculty, and staff, and conducting professional development and training activities.
• Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in instructional and productivity technology in higher education. Attends conferences, reads trade publications, identifies and monitors appropriate websites, and participates in online discussion forums related to technology and learning.
Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: information technology systems and/or applications, including campus wide systems and multimedia environments, access procedures, AV system, telephone services, networks, and/or databases; and training theory and practices demonstrated by an ability to develop and deliver technical training and user documentation.
Ability to: apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support; integrate multiple applications and/or systems; and analyze data requirements and research data availability and access methods. Proficiency using standard software packages. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions.
Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Working knowledge of automated desktop management tools in an enterprise environment, common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
• Extensive understanding of current and emerging pedagogies and modalities used in higher education, specifically in distributed learning.
• Knowledge/certification in quality assurance for distributed learning (ex. Quality Matters), LMS tools and design, media and graphic design production and editing.
• Strong interpersonal skills that promote professionalism and mutual respect in all interactions. Ability to work effectively and interdependently in a diverse university environment. Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects. Exceptional ability to communicate in a professional, persuasive, and tactful manner both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated record of a strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated success in working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Graduate degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or closely related field and experience in one or a combination of the following: instructional and faculty development at the university level, experience in working in a college or university support service unit or other service-oriented organization, or experience in supporting or teaching in a distributed learning environment. Record of active participation in conferences and professional organizations related to the applications of instructional technology in higher education.
• Ability to produce or retrofit content for accessibility, including MS Office and Adobe Acrobat documents, and audio and video. Strong ability to determine needs/problems, analyze and provide appropriate solutions within operational guidelines, and to effectively document and communicate changes, solutions, and procedures. Ability to communicate with and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators, students, and members of the community in one-to-one or group settings. Strong personal initiative and ability to work reliably and independently with minimal supervision. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas to non-technical individuals.
Special Conditions of Employment:
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
• All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
• The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html as a condition of employment.
• This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1095-rev-6-23-15.html.
• This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
• access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the https://csumb.edu/it/information-classification-standard?_search=Information+Security+Data+Classification+Standards.
Position requires some travel, mobile work locations, and working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. This is an exempt position that may require extended or varied hours, including some weekends, and may require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
Some lifting up to 20 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
• Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary
• Collective Bargaining Unit: Clerical & Administrative Support Services (CSUEU)
• Anticipated Campus Hiring Salary: Mid $5,000’s/month
• FLSA Status: Exempt
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit: http://www.calstate.edu/hr/benefits/documents/csueu-unit-2-5-7-9-benefits-summary.pdf. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: https://csumb.edu/corporation/employee-housing.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1919894
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at http://www.csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the https://csumb.edu/library/library-hours (https://csumb.edu/library/maps-directions). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.