Pacific Plug & Liner, a sister company to Smith Gardens, has an exciting opportunity for a Shipping and Logistics Coordinator to join our team at our Watsonville, CA Site.
Plug & Liner was founded in October 1999 and is located on the beautiful California Central Coast with a climate ideal for plant and flower production. We have approximately 290,000 sq. ft. dedicated to growing young plants. Pacific Plug & Liner features a state-of-the-art production facility, ensuring consistent and superior quality.
The Shipping and Logistics Coordinator will direct and organize all moving, selecting, inventory, shipping and logistics activities at PP&L. Supervise and motivate staff, increasing performance, while promoting a positive leadership and mentoring environment. Work closely with Production Manager, Head Grower, and Finish Shipping Manager to ensure labor is managed at peak efficiency while maintaining continuous improvement. Coordinate all shipping and transportation to focus on profitability of PP&L.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Facilitate Inventory Supervisor and Production Leads communication to maintain accurate crop inventory counts in Picas
- Ensure accurate location and count of crops in the greenhouse and young plant section of out-door areas
- Ensure data upload in Picas is accurate
- Participate and collaborate in PPL and SG labor activities for responsible areas
- Develop, monitor, and maintain labor rates and standards for shipping and logistics department
- Participate in bi-weekly walks with Head Grower to identify order fulfillment strategies
- Coordinate efforts with New Product & Marketing Manager for trade shows including catalog shipping, advertising material, and many other unique business events, to attract future business
- Monitor daily operations relating to staffing, scheduling, and quality of plants
- Promote and motivate Inventory, Moving, Shipping and Selecting teams to create and implement new processes to continually improve crop accuracy
- Operate with high integrity, adhering to Company standards and values
- High standard of performance characterized by attention to detail and accurate plan follow-through
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years’ experience with at least 3 years leading a shipping department/process
- Bilingual in Spanish is required
- Solid ERP system experience
- Work long hours as needed during busy season, including weekends.
- Work in both an office and warehouse environments, indoors and outdoors, and in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) after 6 months and Company-Paid LTD after one year. Qualified candidates should send a resume to: human.resources@Smithgardens.com. look forward to hearing from you!
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.