Senior Network Services, Inc. (SNS) is seeking an executive director to lead our dynamic team of staff and volunteers delivering compassionate support to senior citizens, persons with disabilities and their families. We are a one-stop agency linking our clients with support services essential to their physical and mental well-being. Services are offered through seven programs: Information & Assistance, Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP), Home Help & Respite Care Registry, Family Caregiver Support Program, Care Management, Senior Housing and Money Management. SNS provides information, guidance and assistance in coordinating existing resources to promote independence and the highest quality of life.
Serving the community since 1974, SNS is a private nonprofit multipurpose community resource agency governed by a Board of Directors. The executive director reports directly to the Board.
The executive director has administrative and fiscal oversight for all aspects of the work and structure of the agency and its programs, including development of strategies for and implementation of the mission, planning, administration and operation of the agency. Broad areas include:
- Planning and delivery of services
- Fiscal and organizational management
- Fund development and contract management
- Community involvement and relations
- Three years of equivalent work experience in general administration, including fiscal, operations and human resources, preferably in a nonprofit and/or public sector organization; two years of team management and/or staff supervision; and grant writing and fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of the social, economic and organizational aspects of community-based programs, community resources and services and program management, with preference for knowledge of services for senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- Cultural sensitivity and political acumen to tactfully and effectively interact with a wide range of people internal and external to SNS to create and sustain a positive, inclusive work environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to human services and at least two years of experience in a service-oriented field, or a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and five years of experience in human services; post-graduate work is preferred.
- The selected candidate must have technical skills, be available to travel out of town and to attend evening meetings, have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle and successfully complete a background check with Live Scan fingerprinting.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
- Full Job Description is available below.
- This is a full-time (40 Hours/Week), exempt, administrative position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- The executive director position is eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance benefits; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; and voluntary participation in a 403(b)-retirement plan.
Submit resume and letter of interest (maximum 3 pages) stating why you would be an effective Executive Director through Indeed.com or by using the Apply function on this Job Board.
- Position is open until filled.
- Initial review of applications will begin May 3, 2021.
- Senior Network Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. SNS strives to make this job and the application process accessible with or without accommodation. For assistance or information, please contact SNS. The main office location is at 1777-A Capitola Road, Santa Cruz, CA 95062.
Full Job Description
SENIOR NETWORK SERVICES
1777-A Capitola Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Senior Network Services, Inc. (SNS) is a private nonprofit multipurpose community resource agency providing senior citizens and persons with disabilities with information, guidance and assistance in coordinating existing resources to promote independence and the highest quality of life. SNS has served Santa Cruz County since 1974.
Reporting directly to the SNS Board of Directors (Board), the Executive Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the mission, planning, administration and operation of the agency. To ensure smooth and efficient functioning, the Executive Director has administrative and fiscal oversight for all aspects of the work and structure of SNS and its programs. With delegated authorities to act on behalf of the Board, the Executive Director works independently and in conjunction with the Board and SNS staff and in collaboration with government, public and private entities to ensure compliant, sustained and results-based operation of SNS.
MAJOR DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY, include but are not limited to
- Assure that all legal obligations of SNS, the corporation and the Board are met;
- Implement policies of the Board of Directors;
- Organize, staff and attend Board meetings, and present monthly budget and agency activity and status reports;
- Lead Board membership growth and development, and design and present Board trainings;
- Respond to and implement policies and directives as set forth by the Board.
Planning and Delivery of Services
- Develop strategies and innovative solutions to further the mission of SNS;
- Assure the effectiveness of SNS programs through assessment and evaluation of delivery of services and adapt programming to changing community and client needs;
- Research, analyze, plan and implement new projects and programs to assist senior citizens and persons with disabilities;
- Monitor project and program progress, risks and issues, and analyze and resolve problems, omissions, errors and discrepancies that may arise;
- Provide direct SNS program services to clients in cases of staff vacancy, workload or other exigency.
Fiscal and Organizational Management
- Develop and implement annual goals, priorities and budget;
- Ensure the integrity, reporting and proper accounting of all SNS financial resources;
- Establish and implement financial policies and procedures, oversee accounting, audit, payroll and purchasing functions;
- Negotiate with, direct and supervise vendors and contractors;
- Present agency and program updates and results to the Board and to funders in well-written documents, including budgets, financial analyses and background information.
Fund Development and Contract Management
- Research and prepare applications for funding, comply with all reporting requirements, monitor program outcomes in relationship to goals and objectives as set forth in grant proposals and contracts;
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential funders;
- Assist the Board to develop a comprehensive fundraising plan;
- Plan, organize and lead fundraising efforts.
Community Involvement and Relations
- Serve as the main representative and promoter for SNS to the public and outside entities;
- Inform the public about programs and activities;
- Maintain and develop communications with government and community agencies;
- Lead or serve on external committees, task forces and work groups;
- Promote networking and cooperative services with other agencies, vendors and groups to facilitate coordinated delivery of services to senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- Foster and maintain positive staff and volunteer morale and communications, oversee trainings and talent development, cultivate a cooperative work environment, provide new staff orientations;
- Direct all aspects of SNS staffing, including general coordination and supervision of staff and volunteers;
- Establish and administer health, welfare, and personnel policies and procedures;
- Provide advice and consultation on agency and client issues for staff and the Board;
- Oversee the use, management, maintenance, repair and security of SNS property and facilities.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Demonstrated knowledge of
- Social, economic and organizational aspects of community-based programs, community resources and services and program management, with preference for knowledge of services for senior citizens and persons with disabilities;
- Understanding the needs of senior citizens and persons with disabilities;
- Skills to communicate simple and complex issues to a variety of audiences both orally and in writing;
- Strong operations, project management, budgeting, fiscal, contract administration, organization and decision-making skills;
- Technical skills to use computer-based applications and software to track and document projects, write and submit grants, communicate with staff and constituents and use social media, ability to assess new products is a plus;
- Cultural sensitivity and political acumen to tactfully and effectively interact with a wide range of people internal and external to SNS including contacts in federal, state and local government organizations, current and potential funders, other human services providers, vendors, the public, SNS staff and the Board to create and sustain a positive, inclusive work environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to human services and at least two years of experience in a service-oriented field, or a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and five years of experience in human services;
- Post-graduate work preferred.
- Three years of equivalent work experience in general administration, including operations, fiscal, and human resources, preferably in a non-profit and/or public sector organization;
- Two years of experience in team management and/or staff supervision;
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising;
- Experience effectively working with funding agencies and in interagency collaborations preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products preferred;
- Valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle;
- Available to travel out of town and to attend evening meetings;
- Ability to use video conferencing;
- Successful completion of a background check with Live Scan fingerprinting.
HOURS, BENEFITS, AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Full-time, 40 hours/week, administrative position;
- Exempt, salaried position;
- Salary commensurate with experience;
- Six-month probationary period at start of employment;
- Eligible for paid vacation, sick leave and holidays;
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance benefits;
- Eligible for voluntary participation in a 403(b)-retirement plan;
- This is an “at-will” position serving at the discretion of the Board;
- SNS is a smoke, scent, and drug-free workplace;
- Main Office Location: 1777-A Capitola Road, Santa Cruz, CA 95062.
- SNS strives to make this job accessible to any and all users with or without accommodation.
- SNS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race), color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer related and genetic information/characteristics), marital/registered domestic partner status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/gender expression/ transgender, pregnancy and related medical conditions, age (over 18), veteran or military status, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties.