Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well-known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award-winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 550 employees.
Shifts Available: SWING & NIGHT
Summary of Job Duties:
The Manufacturing Technician position is responsible for safely manufacturing dietary tablets, capsules, liquids and powders in accordance with product specifications. This position includes set up, operating, training, cleaning, diagnostics, tooling and preventative maintenance for blenders, tablet presses, encapsulators, coating pans and metal detectors. The technician is also responsible for meeting specific tablet, capsule, liquid and powder specifications. Accountable for overall production line performance: safety, quality, attainment and line efficiency. The process technician must be capable of operating multiple like machines at one time and learning to operate a verity of equipment within the manufacturing area.
Specific Job Duties:
- Ensure that products meet applicable quality standards. This includes inspection for quality during operation and performing all required sampling and testing. Must be able to make necessary machine adjustments to ensure the smooth operation of the lines for required quality and quantity.
- Meet all safety expectations including wearing the required personnel protective equipment, following all GMP and FDA practices and procedures.
- Collect and analyze data using skills in applied math.
- Utilize problem solving skills to investigate and troubleshoot product issues and recommending solutions.
- Tableting issues: sticking, capping, chipping, compressibility, disintegration, color.
- Encapsulation issues: sticking, headroom, capsule shell defects
- General issues: machine setup, machine performance, product assay, documentation.
- Execute the recommended solutions, complete appropriate documentation, and communicate changes.
- Perform calculations and physical update to improve product performance.
- Complete documentation related to changes: ingredient change forms, in-process deviations, batch record corrections, processing forms.
- Perform basic and routine maintenance activities.
- Able to work outside normal scheduled hours and OT.
- Use basic hand and power tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, drills etc.
- Work in a team environment and flow to the work and assist others.
- Cross-training will occur throughout the facility in all aspects of high speed manufacturing.
- Ensuring Documentation in relation to Processor Operation Logs are fully completed, signed and in compliance with Company Standard and Regulatory Requirements.
- When out of compliance or standards are not met, assist supervisor in completion of Deviation Report detailing both short and longer term corrective action steps.
- Ensure full compliance with Companies Policies, Procedures and SOP’s at all times.
- Disassemble, clean/sanitize and reassemble all required equipment.
- Communicate and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company’s “I can make a difference" philosophies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years machine operator experience.
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in day-to-day decision making.
- Mechanically inclined to understand inner workings of equipment.
- Punctual and reliable in work attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent English communication skills required, bilingual speaker a plus.
- Ability to read and write legibly in English.
- Ability to work multiple shifts and/or schedules.
- Working Conditions: Loud environment with exposure to powder and heavy equipment in a manufacturing atmosphere.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Associates Degree from Community College or similar preferred.
- Knowledge in HAACP, Microbiology, Chemical Safety, Pest Control and Quality Systems.
- Data collection, analysis, trouble shooting, and problem solving using defined methodologies.
- Decision making.
- Time management and organization.
- Ensure collaborative relationships inside and outside the department.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written documents.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policy focus.
- Willing to work occasional off shifts and weekends.
You are welcome to apply in person at 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley, or apply through our website at: www.thresholdenterprises.com