QC Lab - Entry Level (Chem/Bio grads)
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
23 Janis Way, Scotts Valley, CA
DOE (19.00/hr) hour
Laboratory Analyst I
Full-Time, Long Term, Dayshift positions with benefits. (Multiple openings - apply today).
Threshold Enterprises is a vitamin manufacturing company in the Santa Cruz area. We have been in business for over 40 years, have around 600 employees and our company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 Health Food Stores and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through product innovation and the reputation of brands for potency, high quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers.
- We currently have a multiple openings in our Quality Control Dept., for "Laboratory Analyst I". (Entry Level, 0-3 years experience).
- These are great entry level positions for new grads in science, working hands-on with testing equipment in our QC Lab.
- Job pay is $19.00/hr., 40hrs/week, some Overtime possible.
- These are Full-Time, long term positions, working as a direct employee of Threshold Enterprises.
- Standard benefits packages available, (Vacation, Holiday Pay, Health insurance and 401k plan options).
- Must be able to work at our Scotts Valley site, and all new hires must also pass a background check and SS# / Name verification.
Summary of Job Duties:
Laboratory Analysts evaluate, inspect and test raw materials, finished goods and other materials using various laboratory equipment and procedures. May help implement new lab testing methods, and assist with other laboratory and Quality functions as necessary. Work is of moderate difficulty and is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures, with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Perform/assist in various laboratory analyses of a wide range of raw materials, finished products, pilot and vendor samples. Participate in the QC lab’s proficiency testing program.
- Become trained to perform/assist with basic procedures on preliminary troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining analytical instrumentation. Participate in the calibration program for laboratory equipment.
- Participate in Out of Specification Investigations (OSIs).
- Assist with company initiative to comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). Participate as a fully engaged member of a high performance, self-directed work team to achieve department and company goals, participating in interdepartmental QC functions to include process improvements.
- Assist with other duties in Quality Control, including complaint investigations, pilot product evaluations, metric data collection and review, and compiling test results - including data entry, result reporting. Contribute to and maintain spreadsheets and databases, and other related duties.
- Write reports and memos, SOPs, and laboratory procedures relating to job duties, and facilitate / coordinate Specific investigations or project assignments.
- Participate in the maintenance of supply needs list and order supplies as needed.
- Data Review.
- As a certified trainer, train peers on lab procedures.
- Perform all tasks assigned by Threshold management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, experience based
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds.
- 20/20 vision or corrected vision.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or similar science degrees. (Equivalent to 2 years lab experience – college coursework is applicable)
Skills and/or Training Desired Laboratory Analyst I:
- Experience in Quality Control or inspection.
- Analytical laboratory experience with 1 or more of the following: HPLC, TLC, GC, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP/MS, FTIR, UV-Vis spectrophotometric, microbiological, and /or general analytical laboratory techniques.
- Experience in dietary supplement / GMP environment.
Go to our website and submit an application: https://www.thresholdenterprises.com/employment/
After completing your application online, follow-up with a phone call:
Gregory Kott - HR Dept
Phone: (831) 461-6466
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.