NHS, Inc., a privately held company based in Santa Cruz, CA, was established over 40 years ago, and is considered one of the most respected and recognized SKATE and APPAREL companies in the world today. Our brand names include Santa Cruz Skateboards, Independent Truck Company, Creature Skateboards, Krux Trucks, Bullet, Ricta Wheels, OJ Wheels, Slime Balls Wheels, Mob Grip, and Bronson Speed Co.
This position is a key member of the NHS Apparel Development staff, reporting to the Apparel Department Manager, working closely and cooperatively with Shipping, Logistics, Sales, Production, and other members of the NHS team. is a full time in house 40 hour/week position.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Apparel Purchasing staff consistently assuring on time deliveries and adequate inventory levels of all Apparel category types and seasonal product offerings to meet inventory targets and demand.
- Monitor demand for Apparel division product offerings and make educated purchasing recommendations based on sales analysis
- Set target on hand goals for raw materials and key staple items
- Set and manage quarterly blank forecasts with key suppliers
- Maintain vendor relations, address any roadblock issues, Bi-yearly or quarterly meetings, negotiate favorable terms
- Enforce NHS vendor manual
- Build relationships within Apparel and cross departmental teams
- Oversee database integrity related to inventory and sku management
- Develop and standardizes procurement policies, procedures, and methods to improve and continuously monitor the compliance, efficiency, and effectiveness of assigned programs and procedures
- Reviews and approves contracts and purchase orders; maintains contact and negotiates with vendors; keeps informed of market conditions and new products; evaluates vendor performance
- Purchase defined product categories for seasonal buys
- Oversee and assist as needed all department purchasing; including seasonal buys, key account purchasing, licensee/collab collections, at once, special projects, smu’s
- Manage vendor capacity and track PO schedules to ensure on time delivery of POs and all calendar timelines are met
- Coordinate with Logistics Manager overseeing consolidation of shipments where possible
- New vendor onboarding
- Oversight of all order payments
- 3+ Years Purchasing or Buying experience (Apparel Purchasing preferred but not required)
- Management experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented
- Microsoft 365 knowledge, Excel Master
- Ability to multitask and work well in fast paced environment
- Zoom and Asana platform experience a plus
Apply online at https://nhs-inc.com/jobs/apparel-purchasing-manager No phone calls, please.