Receives and greets members, answers telephone calls, represents church to callers and members in a friendly, professional manner demonstrating exceptional customer service. Provide administrative services related to programs and scheduling. Forward prayer requests, ministerial service inquiries, and visitor’s information. Update database. Create and update forms/info used internally and correspondence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and greet worshippers for Sunday and Holiday services.
- Represent and support the church positively, efficiently, and effectively at all times.
- Oversee the operation of the church, which includes receiving calls and visitors, coordination of correspondence, and controlling multiple calendars (including those associated with specific rooms)— “managing up,” as needed, to ensure that all matters are handled in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Board of Directors, including coordination and proofreading reports and other materials prepared for Board meetings.
- Process accounts payable and receivable.
- Meet weekly with Treasurer to count and record weekly deposits.
- Maintain inventory of office and worship supplies.
- Prepare monthly reports for accountant.
- Maintain office archives.
- Maintain website content.
- In coordination with the other staff, help prepare and print weekly bulletin and send a weekly electronic newsletter.
- Other duties and projects as required and/or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate computer, phone, copier, calculator, public address, and other office related equipment.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Ability to organize workflow and maintain orderly files and records, with an eye for detail and maintain procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Google Workspace Apps, WordPress, MailPoet, QuickBooks and a proven ability to learn and use relevant and new technology quickly.
- Knowledgeable of 501c3 organizations.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of administrative and bookkeeping experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
Other skills, requirements, abilities and personal characteristics:
- Ability to exercise good judgment and take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Trustworthy, loyal, patient, unflappable, resilient—with a demonstrated ability to exercise superb professional judgment and maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, proofreading and oral communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills, including the ability to maintain well-organized digital and physical files.
- The capacity to manage multiple simultaneous responsibilities and projects under pressure, prioritizing and executing equally urgent tasks, and the confidence to take the initiative, when required.
- Possess good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and possess minimum insurance coverage, as defined by the State of California.
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19 and tetanus.
The church complies fully with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities as required by these Acts.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact his or her supervisor and request such accommodation. The church and the applicant or employee will engage in an interactive process to identify and evaluate possible accommodations. If an accommodation is identified that is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship, the church will make the accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sit at one’s desk frequently
- Stand, reach, and twist while at one’s desk.
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Type on a computer.
- Use one’s hands in a repetitive fashion.
- Sets up tables and folding chairs.
Position is part-time with approximately 20 to a maximum of 30 hours per week.
The church offers a 403-(B) retirement plan. The administrator is encouraged to contribute up to 4% of their income to this plan. The church will provide a 50% matching contribution to any contributions the administrator makes into their plan.
In addition, paid sick leave is provided in accordance with California Labor Law.
In addition, paid vacation is provided, beginning at two weeks per year.
- Please provide at least three professional references including contact information.
- A cover letter in addition to a resume is also required.
- Any application for the position without references, cover letter or resume will not be considered.