NHS, Inc., a privately held company based in Santa Cruz, CA, was established over 40 years ago, and is considered one of the most respected and recognized SKATE and APPAREL companies in the world today. Our brand names include Santa Cruz Skateboards, Independent Truck Company, Creature Skateboards, Krux Trucks, Bullet, Ricta Wheels, OJ Wheels, Slime Balls Wheels, Mob Grip, and Bronson Speed Co.
This position is a key member of the NHS Apparel Development staff, reporting to the Apparel Purchasing Manager, working closely and cooperatively with Purchasing Team, Apparel, Sales, Production, Logistics, and other members of the NHS team. This is a full time 40 hr/wk position based in- house in Santa Cruz, CA.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage domestic and overseas Purchasing for SMU production
- Oversee SC local SMU Purchasing for production
- Trims inventory management including labels, patches, polybags, and custom boxes
- Run and distribute weekly WIP reports, distribute to vendors, Logistics and Purchasing team, review for potential receiving issues
- Coordinate with Logistics Manager and other members of Purchasing team to consolidate overseas shipments and track all shipments from factories up until delivery at DC
- Work with factories to coordinate delivery times into distribution centers for on-time pre-book delivery to customers
- Work with Purchasing Manager on routine PO review and follow-up, with regular communication with suppliers and in-house team to resolve issues
- Cross train on data management
- Enforce NHS vendor manual
- Follow thru to hit all seasonal calendar dates.
- Proficient Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- 1-2 years purchasing experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, one on one in person, via email with domestic and overseas vendors
- Ability to multitask and work well in fast paced environment
- Zoom and Asana platform experience a plus