SUMMARY: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Annual Programs will have the primary responsibility for developing, implementing, managing and cultivating donors and soliciting unrestricted gifts through Annual Programs for gifts under $5,000, including coordinating fundraising and special events, fundraising campaigns and participating in community organizations and groups.
This is a confidential position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
The Director of Annual Programs shall:
1. Primary: Raise the funds needed to meet the annual operating budget goals for unrestricted operating support through Annual Programs and Special Events.
2. Develop, implement and manage a detailed Annual Programs plan, including budget, goals, objectives, outcomes, timeline and marketing materials for Natividad Foundation events and campaigns.
3. Manage and coordinate annual special events and campaigns, including, but not limited to, Donor Cultivation Events; Monterey Bay Plein Air Painters Association event/exhibition, the Annual Donor / Hero Award Celebration, including sponsors; Monterey County Employee Combined Giving Campaign; 1K4NATIVIDAD CLUB; MCGIVES!; Scholarship Program(s); Wendy Baker RN Memorial Fund; and TALC.
4. Raise funds for restricted support through Annual Programs and Special Events.
5. Develop relationships throughout the year with annual donors, including members of the 1K4NATIVIDAD Club, Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance ticket purchasers and event personnel and employees of Natividad and the County of Monterey.
6. Enhance and increase the visibility of the Foundation within Natividad hospital and throughout the community, including collaborating with the President & CEO and hospital Director of Marketing & Community Relations to deliver a consistent written and online media presence that incorporates the brand.
7. Serve as a public speaker on behalf of Natividad Foundation and representative of Natividad Foundation at community events.
8. Plan, develop and implement a Tribute Gifts Program.
9. Be active in Natividad’s service area through membership and participation in suitable community organizations and associations, such as Rotary, Junior League, service clubs and high school fundraising clubs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Job responsibilities necessitate strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The Director of Annual Programs must demonstrate creativity and initiative and the ability to work successfully with volunteers and other staff members. Ability to work independently. Strong writing and public speaking skills are a must. The Director of Annual Programs must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience with comprehensive hospital fundraising, special events coordination, and development of promotional materials. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple to moderately complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to donors, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer and appropriate programs such as, but not limited to, Google Business Apps, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other relevant Foundation office programs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Valid CA driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.