Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is an industry leader in the manufacture and distribution of award-winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ nutritional supplements. Our vision is to be the solutions provider for our consumers’ desire to enjoy optimal health and well-being by providing fine quality dietary supplements and nutritional education. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA we also have locations in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, and Winchester, Virginia, employing over 600 team members.
Summary of Job Duties: Provide and document timely, real-time support to Manufacturing operations, with direction from area leads and management. Execute weighing, screening, and mixing steps to support corrective actions and manufacturing efficiency. Use tablet and capsule product and process knowledge to provide effective technical support.
Specific Job Duties:
- Work with limited supervision in a fast-paced nutritional supplement manufacturing environment with close attention to products, processes and equipment.
- Perform tasks safely, with a focus on current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP), in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Respond to manufacturing help requests-review batch records, testing data, and operators.
- Assist functional area leads and management with diagnosing issues and reviewing historic records.
- Execute the recommended solutions, complete appropriate documentation, and communicate changes.
- Perform calculations and document work performed.
- Work with area leadership, associates and leads to create great service for internal manufacturing customers.
- Perform various functions in the Manufacturing Department, including, but not limited to Granulation, Blending, Compression, Encapsulation, and Coating.
- Any tasks assigned by Threshold Management
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two years of experience in a cGMP environment (food, supplements, pharmaceuticals).
- Must be able communicate in English both written and verbal.
- Must be able to lift 40 + Lbs.
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods; squat, twist, kneel and bend occasionally.
- Must be able to pass a company test with a minimum of 50%.
- Skilled in basic computer use and software (i.e. Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Navision).
- Familiar with basic units of measure and unit conversion.
- Familiar with basic algebra to perform calculations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (especially with courses in math, chemistry, physics).
- Ability to learn through instruction and training.
- Ability to be observant and have high attention to detail, even when performing repetitive tasks.
- Desire for career and personal development and improvement.
Skills and/or Training Preferred But Not Required:
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Tablet press setup and operation.
- Familiarity with FDA guidance and regulations.
- Familiar with common in-process testing techniques.
- Tablet weight, thickness, hardness.
- Tablet Friability.
- Granulation density (bulk and tapped).
- Particle Size testing.
- Loss on Drying.
- Mechanical skills (understanding machines, working with tools)
To APPLY, visit our website, or come see us at 19 Janis Way, Scotts Valley.