Application Deadline: Friday, October 22, 2021
Apply on line : www.santacruzcountyjobs.com
The Director of Information Services provides leadership for the County on all matters involving County information technology, including public safety radio communication systems, and directs the activities of the Information Services Department. This position manages an internal service fund budget of approximately $17 million and oversees a staff of 60. The Director will lead the County on the overall strategic direction of information technology solutions, data and technology policies, and technology resources. Please note that the Director of Information Services is currently a Civil Service position and is pending transition to at-will status.
The Information Services Department (ISD) provides technology solutions to County departments to assist them with improving productivity and public services. ISD provides business analysis, project management, software development, GIS and infrastructure resources to help County departments determine the best solutions to meet their needs and is responsible for data and voice communication, including local, wide-area and wireless networks, virtual and physical servers, hardware, software, information security and desktop troubleshooting and support. ISD operates and supports a broad variety of products and services for County departments including planning, fiscal, payroll applications, and public safety applications and manages the public safety radio network infrastructure as well as the mobile and handheld radios. Additionally, ISD provides duplicating and mail services to all County departments. ISD is founded on the values that government must be resilient and responsive to the evolving needs of its citizens and partner with all departments to apply the best technology to serve their collective users.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Is an excellent administrator, with a strong background in budget, finance, project management, and building a culture of ongoing customer service
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships – works successfully across the organization and community
• Passionate and committed to public service and our community
• A thoughtful, strategic, and reflective thinker who anticipates community needs and provides proactive solutions to meet them
• Relentlessly pursues excellent customer service, working collaboratively with customers and stakeholders
• Adaptable and highly responsive to organizational change who engages with emerging technology solutions
• An engaged and progressive leader that thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
Three years of administrative or supervisory experience in information services and data processing systems analysis, programming or computer operations.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.