WALKER & REED, P.C.
215 W Franklin St FL 5
Walker & Reed, P.C. is currently seeking a highly organized and self-motivated Legal Assistant for our downtown Monterey law office. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who is able to multi-task, problem solve and is devoted to creating a smooth-running office and effective case management. This individual may communicate frequently with the clients to serve them adequately.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Document scanning, filing and, continuous maintenance of physical and electronic file system.
- Provide administrative support to one or more Attorneys and Paralegals, as needed
- Perform initial screening of clients
- Proofread letters and legal documents for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format and revise them accordingly;
- Compose and mail / distribute routine letters and emails in accordance with company policies and guidelines;
- Prepare / revise documents from verbal or written instructions, notes, rough drafts or other materials;
- Finalize and circulate documents for signature by the appropriate parties
- Assist with preparation and filing of various corporate and real estate forms and documents with the appropriate agencies;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, calendar tasks for completion and notify interested parties;
- Assist in preparation of closing binders and minute books
- Enter attorney time.
- Assist with day-to-day activities and perform other relevant duties as may be.
A strong candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong computer skills (Word, Outlook and Adobe)
- Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college and/or 1-year related experience
- Willingness to learn, be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Professional phone etiquette with experience operating multi-line phones
- Legal Office experience is a plus however, not required
Attention to detail with speed and accuracy is important to this role. The right applicant will take initiative and anticipate what needs to be done to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines effectively and efficiently.
Expected start date is Monday, November 29th, 2021
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.