Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 50024
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 04-03-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations (PPDO) manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $48 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $500 million, and employs nearly 300 full time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
More information can be found here: https://physicalplant.ucsc.edu/
Under the direction of the Custodial Manager of Physical Plant Services, the Safety-QA Coordinator oversees the custodial department Illness Injury Prevention Program (I2P2) safety program including the training of staff as it relates to safety on cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals. The incumbent ensures all safety training is documented and training is up to current industry standards, maintains up to date Safety Data Sheet (SDS) records and files, and coordinates, conducts or helps facilitate and document routine safety meetings. The position is responsible for Quality Assurance (QA) inspections related to safety and sanitation standards. The Safety-QA Coordinator uses applicable EH&S concepts to implement a program applicable to the Custodial department. The incumbent's work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and for following the defined policies and procedures. Decision-making in this position takes into account established procedures, relevant laws, regulations and organization policy, communication / outreach, and impact on other programs.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $77,250 -$85,900 / annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary above the posted range. The salary shown above is the budgeted range the University reasonably expects to pay.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
• Full-time, Fixed
• Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
• Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
• Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: EHS SPEC 2 NEX (007145)
Travel: Up to 25% of the time
50% - Safety Program Coordination
Manage the custodial department Illness Injury Prevention Program (I2P2) safety program including training of staff as it relates to safety on cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals. Research new trainings, equipment, procedures related to Safety and ergonomics. Ensure all safety training is documented and training is up to current industry standards. Maintain up to date Safety Data Sheet (SDS) records and files. Coordinate, conduct or help facilitate and document routine safety meetings. Perform and document monthly area safety inspections.
25% - Quality Assurance
Responsible for performing and documenting weekly Quality Assurance (QA) inspections to ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedires. Creates and modifies inspection forms and reports. Maintain QA data and provide reporting related to department Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
20% - Administration & Inventory
Creates, catalogues and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to Safety including Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Assists with Custodial Handbook and Operating Manual updates. Purchases and maintains inventory of safety-related PPE items (First-Aid Kits, Sharps disposal containers, Spill-Kits, etc). Ensure operation is following current UC policies related to sustainability.
5% - Emergency Response
Performs emergency response and participates in the development of emergency response plan development and and training.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Experience with and solid understanding of Illness Injury Prevention Programs (I2P2) and their components or general workplace safety.
• Demonstrated experience, understanding, implementing and training others to understand organizational, OSHA and other state and federal work place safety laws, policies and regulations.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of computer spreadsheet, database, and word processing application software, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills including diplomacy, discretion, and the ability to interact in a professional, friendly, diverse, customer service-oriented manner with staff and residents.
• Written communication skill to prepare a variety of reports, policies, and procedures, and training documents and correspondence.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to independently set priorities, create and maintain file systems. Systematically maintain materials and information, work efficiently, coordinate complex projects, and complete a number of competing assignments within established deadlines.
• Working knowledge of sustainability concepts and practices.
• Working skills in the appropriate use of technology and relevant equipment as required.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
• Experience assessing potential risk to life/safety, property and providing training and utilizing resources available to minimize institutional risk.
• Experience and understanding of Custodial operations, equipment and cleaning/sanitation chemicals as it relates to safety in the workplace.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
• The selected candidate will be required to work primarily on campus, with periods of remote work possible based on operational needs, and be able to fulfill requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
• Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
• Ability to travel to multiple work locations on and off campus.
• The University of California has implemented a https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19 covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
• Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.