Who we are: CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California 50 years ago, our roots now span the breadth of North America, and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
The Accounting Assistant works as a member of CCOF’s Accounting Team and performs duties including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks, client communications, data entry, and other accounting and administrative tasks.
This is a full-time non-exempt position that reports to the Accounting Supervisor. This position is based in the Santa Cruz, CA office and is not a remote position.
• Accounts Receivable functions – recording payments in QuickBooks, creating client invoices, and assisting with other Accounts Receivable related tasks.
• Accounts Payable functions – printing checks for bill payments, maintaining vendor files and assisting with other A/P related tasks.
• Communicating with clients via email and phone.
· Prior experience performing accounting, data entry or customer service tasks in an office environment is preferred.
· Prior experience using QuickBooks software a plus.
· Fluency in both English and Spanish a plus for effective client communication and timely email correspondence.
Physical and Travel Requirements:
· Ability to lift 20 lbs. from ground to waist.
· Ability to stand or sit for several consecutive hours at a desk working at a computer.
· No travel required.
· No supervision of others required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and benefits such as superb health plans, 401(k) program, and generous sick/personal and vacation time. The Accounting Assistant’s starting salary range will be $50,000 - $52,000 and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with Accounting Assistant in the subject line:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
CCOF is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Inclusivity is a core value at CCOF. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work and learning environment for all employees. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. Thank you for your interest in this position!
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.