Support Center Coordinator
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 61521
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, applicants should attach their resume and cover letter when applying for a job opening. For guidance related to the application process or if you are experiencing difficulties when applying, please review the https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/index.html on our Talent Acquisition website.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. Materials submitted after the IRD will ONLY be forwarded at the request of the hiring unit. To ensure your application is routed for consideration, submit your materials before 11:59 p.m. on the IRD. Talent Acquisition cannot accept application materials outside of the jobs portal, and is unable to update submitted applications on an applicant's behalf, or forward communications to the hiring units. For more information about the IRD and the applicant review process, https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/ird-and-applicant-review-process.html.
The IRD for this job is: 11-30-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus's centralized resource to support and amplify research, instruction, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of over 200 diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results.
Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, resourceful, kind, and committed to inclusion.
ITS strives to continually improve service quality, experience, and value for our students, faculty and staff. We are deeply committed to nurturing and strengthening an organization that values equity, work-life balance, and supportive culture. Prioritizing career paths is important to us and we devote resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. We are looking for candidates who do great work from different backgrounds and practices, and who will support our aspirations to shape an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every qualification for the position but possess transferable skills and experiences.
University of California offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision Care Insurance Plans, University of California (UC) retirement, Paid Family Leave, and Paid Holidays plus accrued vacation and sick leave. Visit the UC benefits page for more information at UC Compensation and Benefits.
Information Technology positions are responsible for the security of UC Institutional Information and IT Resources. The incumbent is required to follow all applicable information security policies, procedures, and standards to maintain minimum standards of information security for data, systems and applications. Supervisors are responsible for making sure their staff have appropriate security skills and qualifications, and complete all appropriate and required security training.
The Information Technology Services (ITS) Support Center is the single point of contact for all IT-related service requests, incident reports, and information requests at UCSC. The primary functions of the Support Center Coordinator are to answer phone calls and respond to tickets submitted online and via email, and diagnose problems by asking accurate, concise questions in a professional and friendly manner. They supervise student workers as front-line support staff to triage and process newly received IT support requests. The Support Center Coordinator needs to accurately identify, prioritize, assign, and resolve service requests within established service levels. The Support Center Coordinator also manages crisis escalation and transfers tickets to other support groups as appropriate and assists with projects as needed. The Support Center Coordinator must set customer expectations based on SLAs while consistently providing exceptional customer service. The Support Center Coordinator creates and maintains documentation for technical and procedural processes, communicating them to Support Center staff and students.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus innovation nexus that supports and amplifies the value of research, teaching, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results that foster a campus climate where employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, ambitious, kind, and deeply committed to inclusive excellence. We aspire to operate in an Agile and Lean fashion.
Our goal is to continually improve our service quality, experience, and value to our constituents. We care deeply about creating a diverse, high performing organization through recruiting while developing highly talented, well-rounded, staff. We invest in career paths and career development, devoting a significant amount of resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
ITS promotes two areas for skill growth:
1. Developing generalizing specialists by focusing on technical depth and breadth
2. Growing service and product expertise
Budgeted Salary: $29.88 - $33.80/hour. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to post a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. The salary shown above is the budgeted amount the University reasonably expects to pay and the salary extended should not exceed this posted amount.
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
• Full-time, Fixed
• Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
• Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
• Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: TX Union
Job Code Classification: 007359 (BUS TCHL SUPP ANL 2 TX)
Travel: Never or Rarely
65% - Technical Support
• Analyze, troubleshoot, resolve or appropriately triage moderately complex internal and external client requests and accurately record this work in the ITS ticketing system.
• Resolve client requests through problem identification and analysis, utilizing technical expertise and documented troubleshooting procedures.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email, In person, and/or utilizing remote assistance tools.
• Analyze and determine computing needs and make recommendations on appropriate tools (hardware, software, peripherals).
• Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting client systems including desktop, laptop, and mobile computing devices, and familiarity with remote desktop tools.
• Provide analysis, documentation, planning, and communication for ITS services.
• Provide feature and troubleshooting support for business productivity applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe products, and standard web browsers and operating systems.
• Support networking configurations including VPN, wireless, and remote access as well as desktop and network printing issues.
• Serve as an escalation point for challenging customers and in-depth technical incidents.
• Assist clients in understanding and adhering to campus policies related to ITS services including password security, restricted data protection, and workstation configuration settings.
15% - Customer Support and Communication
• Provide exceptional customer support and broad technical support to UC Santa Cruz faculty, staff, students, and guests.
• Assist staff and/or student employees in resolving customer problems.
• Clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals or groups either verbally or in writing.
• Performs phone support to clients with knowledge of effective telephone etiquette.
• Addresses conflict and applies resolution strategies.
• Provides exceptional client support and problem resolution for clients of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
10% - Documentation and Process Improvement
• Create and improve processes, and procedures, and oversee the creation of moderately complex technical documentation.
• Set priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and the ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
• Develop and/or provide training as needed based on consultation with clients and understanding of technology including one-on-one and small group training, FAQs, and campus knowledge base articles to assist clients.
• Monitor and collect data from the incident management system and deliver to support center management for analysis.
• Ensure all incidents and service requests are accurately tracked, escalated, and resolved in alignment with internal support procedures and campus policies.
• Recognize and appropriately respond to unplanned outages or maintenance events, and communicate issues and mitigation clearly to campus constituents and/or internal service providers.
10% - Project and Other Duties
• May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring of frontline student employees.
• Participate in various ITS-related projects.
• Meet regularly with the Support Center and divisional ITS staff to maintain knowledge of current campus standards, processes, and ongoing IT issues.
• Participate in formal training sessions and/or conferences to enhance skills relevant to the job.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Broad knowledge and experience using and troubleshooting standard business productivity software and current Windows and Mac operating systems.
• Knowledge of ITIL framework.
• Experience using a service desk ticketing system.
• Experience with password resets, client authentication, and authorization systems.
• Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting client systems including desktop, laptop, and mobile computing devices with the ability to identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems, and provide support to end-users on a variety of technical applications, system, and OS issues.
• Demonstrated skills in creating, maintaining, and following technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
• Ability to work in an extremely busy environment with frequent interruptions, and still be able to prioritize and resolve conflicting client requests.
• Ability to work in a professional manner with access to confidential and other data types.
• Knowledge of SaaS (Software as a Service) and Cloud-based applications such as ServiceNow and/or Google Apps. Knowledge of the UNIX operating system and ability to use or learn shell operations (e.g. cp, ls, mv, file editing via vi).
• General knowledge of other areas of IT including organization computer requirements, recommendations, policies including security standards, and IT-related products and services.
• Experience supporting users remotely either over the phone, through written instructions, or with remote assistance software.
• Experience troubleshooting VPN clients and configurations and wired / wireless network configurations.
• Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels.
• Demonstrated organizational, time management, and decision-making skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team providing timely, high-quality customer-focused services to members of the campus community.
• Ability to provide direction to others and assign and monitor completion and quality of tasks.
• Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner. Ability to support and interact with all levels of personnel, including members of the campus community and guests, in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Ability to meet or exceed service level agreement expectations.
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and online vendor knowledge base articles.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
• The selected candidate will be required to work all scheduled hours on-site.
• Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
• The University of California has implemented a https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/VaccinationProgramsPolicy covering all employees. Employees, including new hires, are required to comply with any applicable policies relating to the University of California vaccine program.
• Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtainedhttps://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.