Dining Retail Administrative Assistant
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 63858
Benefits to working at UC Santa Cruz include:
Medical, Dental & Vision Care Insurance Plans
UC Retirement Plans
Group Term Life Insurance
Paid Holidays plus accrued vacation and sick leave
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, applicants should attach their resume and cover letter when applying for a job opening. For guidance related to the application process or if you are experiencing difficulties when applying, please review the https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/index.html on our Talent Acquisition website.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. Materials submitted after the IRD will ONLY be forwarded at the request of the hiring unit. To ensure your application is routed for consideration, submit your materials before 11:59 p.m. on the IRD. Talent Acquisition cannot accept application materials outside of the jobs portal, and is unable to update submitted applications on an applicant's behalf, or forward communications to the hiring units. For more information about the IRD and the applicant review process, https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/ird-and-applicant-review-process.html.
The IRD for this job is: 02-06-2024
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Colleges, Housing and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization within the Division of Student Affairs and Success (DSAS)at the University of California (UC) Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services, facilities, capital planning, dining services, conference services, early education services, and business and financial analysis for these areas. Through these units, educational and developmental programs and services are offered to all members of the campus community including students, faculty, staff, children and external constituents.
UC Santa Cruz Dining is instrumental in the success of our students as well as providing services to staff, faculty and guests of the campus. Our mission is to be committed to: creating a diverse, safe, fun and trusting environment for our guests and team; building an innovative dining program providing high quality service and food while embracing social, nutritional and financial responsibilities.
Under the general supervision of the Retail Assistant Director, the Retail Administrative Assistant will provide financial and administrative support in all areas of Retail Operations such as customer service, data entry, financial review and reporting, cash handling, file maintenance, meeting planning, correspondence and communication.
Budgeted Salary: $23.86/hr Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to post a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. The salary shown above is the budgeted amount the University reasonably expects to pay and the salary extended should not exceed this posted amount.
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
• Full-time, Fixed
• Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
• Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
• Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Clerical Employees (CX)
Job Code Classification: BLANK AST 2 (004723)
Travel: Never or Rarely
50% - General Administrative Support
• Interfaces with customers via telephone, fax and email. Ask clarifying questions to thoroughly assess customer needs. Provides phone and other customer contact backup to the Retail
• Assistant Director for follow up.
• Provides office support and back-up, screens calls and takes messages on behalf of the Retail Assistant Director. Handles a variety of issues, taking the necessary measures to resolve issues in an appropriate, professional, and customer-oriented fashion.
• Establishes and maintains hard copy and electronic files for the Retail Department, which includes the development of a master directory for paper files. Selects appropriate location of document(s) to be filed, regular filing, maintains indexes and tracks all files leaving the office, and upon request, searches for materials in files.
• Orders and maintains equipment and supplies related to mail services, copiers, and printers, office supplies, purchase requisitions, service suppliers and other vendors, as needed.
• Uses a variety of software programs and applications to produce documents and draft routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, letters; edits and proofread catering contracts, menus and fliers.
• Collaborates with University Dining Services and marketing teams as directed by the Retail Assistant Director to assist in special marketing projects and/or publications.
• Assists as needed with special projects.
• Attends and participate in meetings. Contribute regularly to the continual assessment and improvement of fiscal and office procedures and policies
45% - Financial Administration
• Ensures the completion of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
• Creates and enters data into internal databases or spreadsheets for expense and income reporting. Tracks and reconciles transactions to source documents; assists in obtaining necessary approvals and supporting documentation while adhering to internal control principles and systems.
• Maintains various reports for the Retail operations as requested by the Retail Assistant Director or Unit Manager for Retail.
• Reviews and provides input on various computer software and database programs, including on-line reservation tools, event-planning software, Food Pro, Micros, CBORD, Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
5% - Other Duties as Assigned
• May drive campus owned vehicles and as needed personal vehicle to perform duties outside of office such as, but not limited to catered events, training, quality control within locations, cashier deposits and other driving related duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Substantial experience working in a customer-service focused environment with an emphasis on effectiveness, professionalism, and integrity.
• Strong demonstrated professional administrative and reception skills with knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
• Experience in reviewing accounting data, identifying accounting related problems and performing detailed reconciliation, (i.e. cash receipts)
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate (in person, on the phone, on-line) courteously and accurately, with campus constituents and the public to present the organization in a positive manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain supportive relations with co-workers, colleagues, and customers and to consistently provide quality service.
• Knowledge and experience using standard computing tools including Microsoft Office Suite applications, FileMaker Pro, on-line databases, email and web-based research tools.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and make informed decisions in a fast paced working environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills sufficient to work independently.
• Writing skills necessary for clear, concise correspondence both paper and electronic
• Excellent record keeping skills with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and manage confidential information.
• Ability to work with individuals from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds with sensitivity and professionalism.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and to maintain a professional and business oriented office environment while supporting our customer service philosophy.
• Related professional catering, event planning or food service experience
• Bilingual in Spanish/English, or willingness to learn.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California and be able to participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pull notice program.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as directed.
• The University of California has implemented a https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/VaccinationProgramsPolicy covering all employees. Employees, including new hires, are required to comply with any applicable policies relating to the University of California vaccine program.
• Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtainedhttps://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.